FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did this work for you?

Works on S8

10 Vote(s)
29.41%
Works on S8+

14 Vote(s)
41.18%
Works on Note 8

6 Vote(s)
17.65%
Doesn't work on S8

5 Vote(s)
14.71%
Doesn't work on S8+

2 Vote(s)
5.88%
Doesn't work on Note 8

3 Vote(s)
8.82%

[How to] VoLTE on Jio India Carrier with USA snapdragon S8 or s8+

600 posts
Thanks Meter: 147

By nimms, Senior Member on 19th August 2017, 10:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st August 2017, 05:13 AM |#11  
Flag Haryana
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hey does 80% battery charge issue solved...?
If not is there any chance in near future

31st August 2017, 10:01 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad/TS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.jaat

Hey does 80% battery charge issue solved...?
If not is there any chance in near future

There's a chance once devs get a way of flashing custom builds of stock and then flash normal boot instead of engg boot after unrooting (like s7 edge).
They are still working on it. If they come up with a method... I'll try to provide an updated zip that supports such rom.(they'll be stock modified roms)
5th October 2017, 09:39 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
cant follow instructions
hi.. unable to follow instructions to do it correctly... any video tutorials or in depth instuctions for novice like me will help greatly... reason i am writing to u is am from hyd as well. any help will be appreciated ... thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimms

No. There are no custom roms for US models. Soon we might get modified stock versions but all will involve Rooting first then every rom will be flashed via Flashfire only.
So we have to give up Spay etc that depend on Knox.

26th October 2017, 06:04 AM |#14  

More
Firmware updates after rooting through flashfire.
As u mentioned in ur thread, after finishing all the process how to flash new firmwares through flashfire. Please give me step by step method. only systemimg file or whole zip or ap and all files.
3rd November 2017, 06:16 AM |#15  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi The link for rooting is for the S8+ should we use the same files for the S8?
18th December 2017, 02:15 PM |#16  

More
I flashed the canadian firmware using this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...rrier-t3627255 -- to my unlocked VZW S8 can I do the same with this India firmware?
4th January 2018, 08:12 PM |#17  

More
s8+
hello,
i have s8+ of US AT&T model is sm-g955u
it is unlocked can u please tell me how can i enable volte feature in my phone so i can use jio sim without jio4g voice app
10th January 2018, 02:53 PM |#18  

More
I am a layman but I wish to get VoLTE on my S8 (not S8+) international version purchased from USA. Kindly help me with step by step protocol and also warn me of possible issues that I may face. Thank you in advance
26th January 2018, 05:22 AM |#19  

More
i need help
how to do this can you please tell me step by step process (

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimms

This is specifically for indian carrier, JIO 4G.
Now that root is available, We can install S8 india CSC and get VoLTE on USA-Snapdragon sim unlocked phones.
First root with the help of this thread till Part 1

Then during part 2, instead of "Add CSC Systemroot" file, use the modified file with India and XAA-USA CSC
This will flash INS CSC along with XAA CSC. This zip was made by @jrkruse for US carriers... I've just added INS CSC to it and removed other US carriers stuff.

Or.. If you just want Indian CSC Use this file (no XAA) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...FhFR2NtRHc3ajA

Download only one of the 2 files please..

Order in flashfire should be Wipe > System.img.ext4 > QG2_ADD_INS_CSC_SYSTEMROOT.zip

It might take a few seconds to acquire signal. if not, try toggling aeroplane mode off and on, then see.
VoLTE is working for me. (I have a sprint version of s8+)
If still fails, make sure you have Jio Sim in the phone while you are doing this procedure.

Credit goes to respective thread owners to whom i linked (Root team and jrkruse).

14th February 2018, 01:18 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad/TS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RChandan

I am a layman but I wish to get VoLTE on my S8 (not S8+) international version purchased from USA. Kindly help me with step by step protocol and also warn me of possible issues that I may face. Thank you in advance

If you are new to this, find a friend near by who can do it for you. This is not a first timer's job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rithwiik

hello,
i have s8+ of US AT&T model is sm-g955u
it is unlocked can u please tell me how can i enable volte feature in my phone so i can use jio sim without jio4g voice app

You need experience in doing such stuff buddy. Not worth it if some thing goes wrong. If you can't follow the steps, i would say leave it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pherric

I flashed the canadian firmware using this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...rrier-t3627255 -- to my unlocked VZW S8 can I do the same with this India firmware?

No, different chipsets. chance of bricking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltacharlie

Hi The link for rooting is for the S8+ should we use the same files for the S8?

Yeah same files would work
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvakar

how to do this can you please tell me step by step process (

That's already detailed.

Anyway, i got a note 8 now. May not be able to support you guys.
16th March 2018, 08:18 AM |#21  

More
I have Canadian galaxy s8+ (G955W) and jio VoLTE is not working . so can i use these files ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jio, volte

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)