I thought I would put this guide out there as this was the easiest I found and the bonus is that you keep your data and just upgrade over the top.
All credit to jaron vdb from Telegram. This is his backup and he has given me permission to use it. He is the brains – I am just good at writing easy to use guides!
-you need to have a working TWRP
-you need an external sd card
1. Get into TWRP and backup your current rom to your external SD card. We will need this later to restore the data and importantly: if things go wrong you can always restore back again to what you have now.
Once it has been backed up you will have a folder on your external sd card that looks something like this:
Name of your External SD card/TWRP/BACKUPS/ce04873839487e8383/[the name of the file you just backed up in step 1]
2. Download this file and save it to your External SD CARD:
This is your TWRP restore file kindly provided by jaron vdb.
3. Once you have downloaded that file then you will need to unzip this file. Use something like 7zip from Playstore and extract that file you downloaded to this location you just created with Step 1 – something like:
External SD CARD/TWRP/BACKUPS/ce04873839487e8383/[the name of the file you just unzipped]
This is a very important step – you must extract the file you downloaded to this EXACT location.
4. Go here and download supersu 2.82SR5 to your external SD Card:
This is the only root version working at the moment – magisk does not work as of now. It is Supersu which works perfectly. It also has dm-verity on it so will allow you access to data in TWRP.
5. Ok we are ready to flash the Beta 2! Get into TWRP again
6. Hit the restore button and then go to your external SD Card and restore the file that you downloaded and had to extract. You will also see your other restore in there. Don’t touch that just yet.
7. Stay in TWRP and now go to Wipe and then go to Format Data and then type in yes
8. Stay in TWRP and now go to Restore and choose the first file you backed up in Step 1 – your original backed up ROM. Choose this file and then ONLY TICK data to install. Restore data.
9. Stay in TWRP and flash the supersu file you downloaded.
11. You now should be rebooted back into your original rom with the very smooth Beta 3 installed!
12. Now you have to make the fix so you don’t get a buttload of random reboots and Knox nonsense. Download Root Explorer or any build prop editor program from Playstore and change:
ro.config.tima=1 to ro.config.tima=0
and change Knox thingo to v30 like this:
Mine was already on v30 but YMMV
13. Have a cup of tea.