FORUMS

[ALL QUALCOMM PHONES] [How to] ADD ANY LTE BAND USING QXDM

1,126 posts
Thanks Meter: 558

By FatalONEM8, Senior Member on 3rd May 2018, 04:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BREAK YOUR PHONE OR MODEM, ONLY DO THIS IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

First you'll need:
SAMSUNG USB Driver
QXDM
https://androidmtk.com/download-qpst-flash-tool

Now follow the quick start guide HERE, skipping steps 12-30.

1. open QXDM.exe and go to NV Browser and select filter LTE then click 06828 then click one of the values then click read.
2. copy the string that shows up into a decimal to binary converter. As an example mine is 600196852264287. This converts in binary to
Code:
now, 1s are enabled bands, 0s are disabled bands. for example if you wanted to add Band 14, you would take the 14th from last digit in the binary string and change it to a 1, then convert the binary string to decimal and paste that string into QXDM and click write then reboot and you have Band 14.
to remove bands its the same process, convert to binary and replace the 1 with a 0, note that the start of the string has to be a 1, if it isn't simply remove the zeros in front of the next 1 then convert that to decimal (the size will be significantly smaller but that's fine, the higher the band number the more value it puts into the string) an example of this is i have band 4 disabled on my phone, i took the 4th from last 1 and made it a 0 and converted that to decimal and it now reads as 600196852264279, notice the last 2 numbers changed, that's the value of band 4 in the string. Band 2 equals 2 and Band 5 equals 16, and so on.

If I helped you please hit the thanks button!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FatalONEM8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FatalONEM8 Ad-Free
3rd May 2018, 05:16 PM |#2  
Flag Seabeck, Wa
Thanks Meter: 721

More
Just cause you enable a band doesn't clean it'll work. If the phone doesn't have the antenna for the LTE band it's not going to work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nitefire77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nitefire77 Ad-Free
3rd May 2018, 05:30 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chester, VT

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefire77

Just cause you enable a band doesn't clean it'll work. If the phone doesn't have the antenna for the LTE band it's not going to work

Very true, doesn't hurt to try however maybe the antenna supports a band but isn't enabled on the phone no way to know till you try, if it doesn't work, just revert your changes or restore the backup you made before making any changes.
3rd May 2018, 05:54 PM |#4  
Flag Tacoma
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I've heard the s8 has all the same bands as the s9 but are disabled, too bad there isn't a radio zip to flash like there old phones

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
19th May 2018, 07:07 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 4,148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalONEM8

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BREAK YOUR PHONE OR MODEM, ONLY DO THIS IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

First you'll need:
SAMSUNG USB Driver
QXDM
https://androidmtk.com/download-qpst-flash-tool

Now follow the quick start guide HERE, skipping steps 12-30.

1. open QXDM.exe and go to NV Browser and select filter LTE then click 06828 then click one of the values then click read.
2. copy the string that shows up into a decimal to binary converter. As an example mine is 600196852264287. This converts in binary to

Code:
now, 1s are enabled bands, 0s are disabled bands. for example if you wanted to add Band 14, you would take the 14th from last digit in the binary string and change it to a 1, then convert the binary string to decimal and paste that string into QXDM and click write then reboot and you have Band 14.
to remove bands its the same process, convert to binary and replace the 1 with a 0, note that the start of the string has to be a 1, if it isn't simply remove the zeros in front of the next 1 then convert that to decimal (the size will be significantly smaller but that's fine, the higher the band number the more value it puts into the string) an example of this is i have band 4 disabled on my phone, i took the 4th from last 1 and made it a 0 and converted that to decimal and it now reads as 600196852264279, notice the last 2 numbers changed, that's the value of band 4 in the string. Band 2 equals 2 and Band 5 equals 16, and so on.

If I helped you please hit the thanks button!

i swapped out your link for qpst links that require survey are not allowed:fingers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMadScientist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheMadScientist Ad-Free
19th May 2018, 07:08 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chester, VT

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadScientist

i swapped out your link for qpst links that require survey are not allowed:fingers

Wait what? Thanks I didnt even know...sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to FatalONEM8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FatalONEM8 Ad-Free
19th May 2018, 07:09 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 4,148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalONEM8

Wait what? Thanks I didnt even know...sorry.

yea wanted a survey to download
the new link is where i got my version from though
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadScientist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheMadScientist Ad-Free
20th May 2018, 02:01 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Sorry if this is a newbie question, but can this do any good on US carrier phones? I assume there's no way to make Band 71 work.
20th May 2018, 02:08 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chester, VT

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoddessInari

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but can this do any good on US carrier phones? I assume there's no way to make Band 71 work.

I tried to enable Band 71 but it didn't work the way I thought. The highest band I could enable was band 65 iirc. You can definitely still try it however.

20th May 2018, 07:04 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
will this method work with exynos versions?
20th May 2018, 01:04 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chester, VT

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiwankadananjaya

will this method work with exynos versions?

No that's why the title says all Qualcomm phones, exynos doesn't have the modem software Qualcomm has to be able to do this, unfortunately if you want to do the same thing you'll have to look elsewhere for a exynos version.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bands, lte, qpst, qualcomm, qxdm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)