FYI the US S8+ and S8 Active does have a working FM tuner

Search This thread

redhatter

Oct 12, 2006
just put next radio app on my US TMo S8+ and works great with the included headphones as Antenna

I saw Samsung has a fm radio icon i love to use

FYI I just jumped to Tmo S8 active.. and fm radio also works on the active

Last edited:

Mr Ian B

Aug 3, 2010
Please post who fixed it, how much and how long to get phone back if you shipped it out.

Ian B

bigdaddie

Sep 1, 2007
Yep, confirmed working on Verizon S8+. Good find. I just read the specs somewhere that it didn't have FM and forgot about it. NICE.

Reactions: coldfusion167

rrummy

Apr 24, 2017
FM on Sprint S8 already installed

Cool, saw the thread and checked phone to install app. Already installed !! Plugged in my headphones and listening to PBS in minutes.

Dontdriveat88

Apr 21, 2017
Thanks for the FYI! I don't know why it would be deactivated in certain regions. Is it consumer demand or studies like the weird G6 feature fragmentation?

int46

Dec 29, 2014
i dont understand that the international S8+ Exynos cant do this, what is the difference in this case

redhatter

Oct 12, 2006
the fm radio is built in to the chip... so snapdragon vs exynos

Sent from my SM-G955U using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just put next radio app on my US TMo S8+ and works great with the included headphones as Antenna

I saw Samsung has a fm radio icon i love to use

FYI I just jumped to Tmo S8 active.. and fm radio also works on the active
    Here is the link
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsu...-71-release/radio-2-1-71-android-apk-download
    But does not install on my U1 Says its already installed.
    I was able to install it using app cloner from the app store. but it closed right away after opening.
    It did not crash just closed.
    Settings-lock screen security-secure start up-if start up pin is selected then select do not require pin.. if do not require pin is selected then select require pin. Restart the phone and then install the app. After that you can select the option to whatever you had in secure start up before.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yeah not working on SM-G950U1, have normal firmware with Canadian CSC.

If I try to install the Samsung Radio apk it says it conflicts with software already installed but I have nothing.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Yeah not working on SM-G950U1, have normal firmware with Canadian CSC.

If I try to install the Samsung Radio apk it says it conflicts with software already installed but I have nothing.
    As silly as it sounds try this from a few posts up. Worked on my phone mobile flashed to u1

Settings-lock screen security-secure start up-if start up pin is selected then select do not require pin.. if do not require pin is selected then select require pin. Restart the phone and then install the app. After that you can select the option to whatever you had in secure start up before.

Yep, confirmed working on Verizon S8+. Good find. I just read the specs somewhere that it didn't have FM and forgot about it. NICE.
    I can not, not available for my country.
    Just google it will be easier for sure..

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

You do realize that this is a US S8 thread? This is not the place to ask your question.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk
    I think you should help the community thats xda for and not the opposite

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA-Developers Legacy app