FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEME] Dark/Black Default (black2 update)

327 posts
Thanks Meter: 936

By envy~, Senior Member on 28th April 2017, 07:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, by touring this thread I saw a couple of conversations that you guys want a Dark theme that doesn't compromise on anything like icons, stock colors etcetera, so I edited my S8 dark theme from S7 edge thread and make a version for this device.
It's just a basic theme with the main purpose is to make light backgrounds to dark.
Like stock each system app have their own Primary color to them, so expect the Phone app to be Green, Messaging App to be Yellow-orange, Settings App to be blue and so on which you cannot find on any theme from the store

CHANGELOG
(BLACK2 update - recent)
-black colored navbar when using STOCK keyboard
-added Email app to the themed assest, 70% blackout
-minor fixes for Messaging and MyFiles app
-much better to see under sunlight or minimum brightness

(DARK update version)
-various fixes for some color inconsistencies on apps
-more polished
-Black version introduced (uninstall dark version before installing black version)

INSTALLATION (unrooted)
1. Enable Developer options in Settings (About device > Software info > press on Build number 7 times or more). Now it should
be visible in the Settings Menu.

2. Download and install the theme. Open the theme store and apply the theme (FREE TRIAL).

3. Close the store, then head to Developer options > Running services > find both Themes/Samsung Themes and STOP BOTH.
Note: MAKE SURE BOTH AREN'T PRESENT IN RUNNING SERVICES ANYMORE AFTERWARDS.

4. Go back to Settings > Apps > Samsung Themes > Storage > CLEAR BOTH DATA & CACHE.

That's it. The theme is applied permanently and there is no need for a 3rd-party app like PDP.
Note: The theme will still be applied even after you restart your device, just don't open the Theme store and make sure its services aren't present in Running Services.

THEME GOT THE SAME SKU, PLEASE INSTALL ONLY ONE APK, YOU CANNOT HAVE MORE THAN ONE VERSION AT THE SAME TIME, UNINSTALL COMPLETELY OLD VERSION BEFORE TRYING THE OTHER ONE

*darknotif version have Dark notification background cards, 3rd party Title Text color cannot be themed that's why you can just barely see it on here. Use at your own risk, sometimes installing and uninstalling it can be buggy just clear cache on storage setting before installing, and restart after if you like to remove it completely.

*for rooted users that's using blacknotifs I suggest you edit your own framework-res.apk. (basic knowledge on using apktool is needed) when decompiled just navigate to res/values/color.xml and look for the line that has "notification_title_text" and change its value to a light color like #fffffffff or #ffc8c8c8, recompile and put it back to your system (via flashable zip or inject it to your rom and reinstall rom) that will make almost all notification title text to white and make black notification cards perfect.

+ "light_navigation_bar_default_bg_color" change its value to #ff000000 for black navigation bars on ANY keyboards you use.

*Theme is untested on actual S8 device so feedback/actual Screenshots are appreciated. enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170428-010351.png
Views:	23946
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	4129767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170427-220146.png
Views:	24032
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	4129768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170427-215907.png
Views:	23892
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	4129769  
Attached Files
File Type: apk GalaxyS8_Dark.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.64 MB, 3652 views)
File Type: apk GalaxyS8_Dark_darknotif.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.64 MB, 1834 views)
File Type: apk GalaxyS8_Dark_update.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.62 MB, 2398 views)
File Type: apk GalaxyS8_Dark_update_darknotif.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.62 MB, 2324 views)
File Type: apk GalaxyS8_BLACK_darknotif.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.61 MB, 3376 views)
File Type: apk GalaxyS8_BLACK2_darknotif.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.68 MB, 1356 views)
File Type: apk GalaxyS8_BLACK2_lightnotif.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.68 MB, 746 views)
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to envy~ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift envy~ Ad-Free

28th April 2017, 08:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice theme but consider that notifications should be black too...other than that perfect thank you😀

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G955F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to deves000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deves000 Ad-Free
28th April 2017, 08:13 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Laguna

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deves000

Nice theme but consider that notifications should be black too...other than that perfect thank you

"Title Text color" for notifications cannot be themed so you cannot see it on dark background, that's why I leave it like that, but now that you've mention it I'll make a version with black notifications for anyone who can bare with it.
update to follow..
The Following User Says Thank You to envy~ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift envy~ Ad-Free
28th April 2017, 08:15 AM |#4  

More
Ok Just try it ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
28th April 2017, 08:25 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by envy~

Hi, by touring this thread I saw a couple of conversations that you guys want a Dark theme that doesn't compromise on anything like icons, stock colors etcetera, so I edited my S8 dark theme from S7 edge thread and make a version for this device.
It's just a basic theme with the main purpose is to make light backgrounds to dark.
Like stock each system app have their own Primary color to them, so expect the Phone app to be Green, Messaging App to be Yellow-orange, Settings App to be blue and so on which you cannot found on any theme from the store

INSTALLATION (unrooted)

1. Enable Developer options in Settings (About device > Software info > press on Build number 7 times or more). Now it should
be visible in the Settings Menu.

2. Download and install the theme. Open the theme store and apply the theme (FREE TRIAL).

3. Close the store, then head to Developer options > Running services > find both Themes/Samsung Themes and STOP BOTH.
Note: MAKE SURE BOTH AREN'T PRESENT IN RUNNING SERVICES ANYMORE AFTERWARDS.

4. Go back to Settings > Apps > Samsung Themes > Storage > CLEAR BOTH DATA & CACHE.

That's it. The theme is applied permanently and there is no need for a 3rd-party app like PDP.
Note: The theme will still be applied even after you restart your device, just don't open the Theme store and make sure its services aren't present in Running Services.

Theme is untested on actual S8 device so feedback/actual Screenshots are appreciated. enjoy

Salamat
28th April 2017, 08:27 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Laguna

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0ne

Salamat

SS boss
The Following User Says Thank You to envy~ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift envy~ Ad-Free
28th April 2017, 09:01 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by envy~

SS boss

It revert back to stock white after reboot.
28th April 2017, 09:29 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Laguna

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

follow the given instructions carefully. 👍
28th April 2017, 10:10 AM |#9  
Flag CEBU CITY
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:

Go to data>overlays>jsonfiles>trialjson. Move the files inside that folder to data>overlays>jsonfiles>userjson

Once done proceed to data>overlays>preferences and set ThemeDatabase.db as read only.
28th April 2017, 01:48 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jioleight

Go to data>overlays>jsonfiles>trialjson. Move the files inside that folder to data>overlays>jsonfiles>userjson

Once done proceed to data>overlays>preferences and set ThemeDatabase.db as read only.

How to change to read only? Thanks
28th April 2017, 02:10 PM |#11  

More
Something I just noticed... Is there any way to change white color of navigation bar to black when opening keyboard???

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)