[THEME] Dark/Black Default (V3 navbar_fixed)

Search This thread

B3311

Feb 16, 2011
Gelderd End, 1974
can't send you a PM?
Thank you very much for this, I hope I can share the beer with you[emoji14]but I will ask you to get it canceled/refunded back to you as my PayPal account having an issue and I can't access it :( (account made in the US (work) but I'm having my vacation here now on my home country PH resulting to security issues and can't verify my accout) I didn't really think that anyone would donate xD if you still wanna do it I've recently made a new account and updated my link, not necessarily you do it again, having the thought of you did it once was enough for me to be happy ?

I don't do PM, but no problem, got it back, but will re-donate - hard work deserves a beer??

Last edited:

ISF

Apr 6, 2012
București
www.youtube.com
How to make theme permanent

Sup, @envy~, frankly I found out a way to make the theme permanent on our devices. Unfortunately it only works on ROOTED devices but it's worth take a look if everyone's interested. It is done by moving and deleting some json files into TWRP. It would be hard to write it down, so I made a video tutorial.​

Reactions: envy~

zige

May 24, 2012
Helsinki
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Sup, @envy~, frankly I found out a way to make the theme permanent on our devices. Unfortunately it only works on ROOTED devices but it's worth take a look if everyone's interested. It is done by moving and deleting some json files into TWRP. It would be hard to write it down, so I made a video tutorial.
So this is exactly same method which has been posted by envy earlier and also littlebit different method has posted in page one which can be done without deleting any files.

Sent from my Samsung SM-G955F using XDA Labs

sakohunter

Oct 15, 2014
-install and apply theme
-go fast to your root file manager and navigate:
-root/data/overlays/preferences folder
-delete all its contents (7 to 9 files) not the actual preferences folder.
-then navigate to:
-root/data/overlays/jsonfiles
-from there, CUT and paste the contents (1file) of trialjson folder to inside of userjson folder.
-restart phone and reapply theme.

This should also be posted in the the first post for other's to see. Works for me. Thanks

CGYCGY

Dec 27, 2013
After I install the apk, I can't find the theme inside view all, anyway to solve this? And what is the name of the theme shown in apps list? I don't no how to uninstall it since I don't no the name

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

bigmase01

Apr 3, 2015
After I install the apk, I can't find the theme inside view all, anyway to solve this? And what is the name of the theme shown in apps list? I don't no how to uninstall it since I don't no the name

It will end the trial and go back to the theme you had prior...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TMadd

Jan 18, 2011
Apologies if it's been stated already, but is the Dark theme going to receive any future updates, or is development solely focused on the Black vversion now?

CGYCGY

Dec 27, 2013

I didn't even start the trial, after I install the apk, I can't find it in the view all section in the Samsung theme, is there anything I miss out?

Last edited:

CGYCGY

Dec 27, 2013

Ok... I manage to find it ==
End up I look for the theme in different tab... =.= Screenshot_20170525-081934.png

rendyyonathan

May 9, 2014
Surabaya
It was very good, glad I found this overlay. But there is a problem, the default themes keep getting applied automatically after few minutes. Can you tell me why ? Is it because I changed my background ?

CGYCGY

Dec 27, 2013
It was very good, glad I found this overlay. But there is a problem, the default themes keep getting applied automatically after few minutes. Can you tell me why ? Is it because I changed my background ?
It is because u didn't disable or stop theme system app from running in background.

I have another problem, everytime I restart my phone, the theme app will auto enable back, I need to disable it everytime I restart... ==

rendyyonathan

May 9, 2014
Surabaya
It is because u didn't disable or stop theme system app from running in background.

I have another problem, everytime I restart my phone, the theme app will auto enable back, I need to disable it everytime I restart... ==

No, I didn't miss any step as it explained, already stop the themes twice on dev opt after applying the black2 and still getting back to the default themes, I have no idea and now I find a way to uninstall it clearly from my phone. ???

nagle3092

Feb 7, 2010
'Merica
No, I didn't miss any step as it explained, already stop the themes twice on dev opt after applying the black2 and still getting back to the default themes, I have no idea and now I find a way to uninstall it clearly from my phone. ???

You need to stop both themes and Samsung theme but then go into settings, apps, Samsung themes and clear all the data from it.

If you go back into the theme app you will need to repeat that process.

If you want to uninstall just open the theme app, apply a different theme, then uninstall this one from the theme app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, by touring this thread I saw a couple of conversations that you guys want a Dark theme that doesn't compromise on anything like icons, stock colors etcetera, so I edited my S8 dark theme from S7 edge thread and make a version for this device.
    It's just a basic theme with the main purpose is to make light backgrounds to dark.
    Like stock each system app have their own Primary color to them, so expect the Phone app to be Green, Messaging App to be Yellow-orange, Settings App to be blue and so on which you cannot find on any theme from the store :)

CHANGELOG

(BLACKv3 update -recent)
    -Brings back black colored nav bar for all 3rd party apps
    (fix for recent Samsung nav bar update that remove black option for navigation bar color)
    -Camera Settings blackout
    -Suggested bug fixed from previous version

(BLACK2 update)
    -black colored navbar when using STOCK keyboard
    -added Email app to the themed assest, 70% blackout
    -minor fixes for Messaging and MyFiles app
    -much better to see under sunlight or minimum brightness

(DARK update version)
    -various fixes for some color inconsistencies on apps
    -more polished
    -Black version introduced (uninstall dark version before installing black version)

INSTALLATION (unrooted)
    1. Enable Developer options in Settings (About device > Software info > press on Build number 7 times or more). Now it should
    be visible in the Settings Menu.

2. Download and install the theme. Open the theme store and apply the theme (FREE TRIAL).

3. Close the store, then head to Developer options > Running services > find both Themes/Samsung Themes and STOP BOTH.
    Note: MAKE SURE BOTH AREN'T PRESENT IN RUNNING SERVICES ANYMORE AFTERWARDS.

4. Go back to Settings > Apps > Samsung Themes > Storage > CLEAR BOTH DATA & CACHE.

TIP: Use also a Working Package disabler apps that can stop services of THEMES and SAMSUNG THEMES clear also data from it if the method is not working.
    Note: The theme will trigger the trial limitation again every after reboot so you need to do the 3rd and 4th instructions again or just make sure its services aren't present in Running Services.

THEME GOT THE SAME SKU, PLEASE INSTALL ONLY ONE APK, YOU CANNOT HAVE MORE THAN ONE VERSION AT THE SAME TIME, UNINSTALL COMPLETELY OLD VERSION BEFORE TRYING THE OTHER ONE

*darknotif version have Dark notification background cards, 3rd party Title Text color cannot be themed that's why you can just barely see it on here. Use at your own risk, sometimes installing and uninstalling it can be buggy just clear cache on storage setting before installing, and restart after if you like to remove it completely.

*for rooted users that's using blacknotifs I suggest you edit your own framework-res.apk. (basic knowledge on using apktool is needed) when decompiled just navigate to res/values/color.xml and look for the line that has "notification_title_text" and change its value to a light color like #fffffffff or #ffc8c8c8, recompile and put it back to your system (via flashable zip or inject it to your rom and reinstall rom) that will make almost all notification title text to white and make black notification cards perfect.

+ "light_navigation_bar_default_bg_color" change its value to #ff000000 for black navigation bars on ANY keyboards you use.

*Theme is untested on actual S8 device so feedback/actual Screenshots are appreciated. enjoy
    Lol....me too but the answer from the developer was " this app is not for making my life easier" :)) Black should be black..I am also ok paying the app...but....

This theme called DEFAULT black. I even put on the op that the projects principle is to make light backgrounds to go dark, Wallpapers are not white to begin with so to make the theme still DEFAULT I didnt touch it, and so the primary colors of the system apps that's why it's still colored.
    Can we please move on?

-----
    New theme news, still taking my time, Internet and Samsung Notes are killing me, (its themed but buggy) just have 3-4hrs free time a day for theming but I have a plan to release a test version or something very soon, stay tuned.
    Unrooted people! Just whipped this baby up last night. Will be out in a couple of days on Play Store.

Full KNOX integration of an automated Samsung Theme Engine disabler. This means you can just install @envy~'s theme without doing your "ritual" of clearing data/force closing the Themes application every reboot, this will do it automatically.

This will come with all of that built in, with a few more other KNOX specific package disabling features. It also has an automated detection of whether the Themes app is open and will close it if KNOX decides to be annoying.
    meanwhile..
    (still 40% finished, no eta)
    As I understand this theme was created the same way overlays are? Overlays stay for ever and there's no need to worry about theme being changed back.

This theme was not created the same as how you make overlays, this theme can be considered as a "test" product for Samsung theme developers, (to try their themes before submitting to samsung) that's why it get installed as a Samsung Theme. Its a product of their editor, I just edit it thru apk tool to get more customization. The problem is I'm not a legit samsung developer, that's why you can never see this theme on the store, plus even if I'm a legit developer, a theme like this will never get approved there, coz I already made edits far more of what a legit samsung editor can do.

But basically a theme is a collection of overlays, same principle, same target but different way (code) of how it get installed, if I have more time I can convert this theme into a several overlays or even a substratum package but I can't right now.. I'm still learning more stuff, (if you know how to do it, feel free to use this theme as a base, but please before you share it to others at least let me know about it)

Enjoy your phone and try other things, please don't give bug reports when you use this theme together with substratum overlays, this theme was good enough before your life discovered substratum magic.

*I may pre-release a version of my new theme project in a few days.. still not finished I'm still about 67% done with all the customization I have on my mind of what I want it to be. please bear with me for those who are still waiting. :)