FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEME] terpsichora_S8

327 posts
Thanks Meter: 936

By envy~, Senior Member on 9th May 2017, 09:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I'm going to milk this theme again for one last time, (development started on this for S7 edge thread since MM days) I'm currently on an S8 port ROM for S7 edge and this theme is my daily driver for some time now, and now I'm sharing it. It fixes a lot of glitches with the last update I've shared from the original thread since I got to upgrade to S8 rom, so I assumed that it's also going to get fixed on an actual S8.
This theme terpsichora named after a skill name of my favorite fictional character from the anime Hunter X Hunter, Niferpitou, but you can never see him here, it's just a simple dark theme with a lots of unique customization you cannot find on other themes from the store, try it and see for yourself

THEME GOT SAME SKU, CHOOSE AND INSTALL ONLY ONE APK, UNINSTALL FIRST THE THEME BEFORE TRYING OTHER VERSION

INSTALLATION for rooted devices (you should do all this before 5min trial ends) :

-install and apply theme
-go fast to your root file manager and navigate:
-root/data/overlays/preferences folder
-delete all its contents (7 to 9 files) not the actual preferences folder.
-then navigate to:
-root/data/overlays/jsonfiles
-from there, CUT and paste the contents (1file) of trialjson folder to inside of userjson folder.
-restart phone and reapply theme.

INSTALLATION (unrooted)
1. Enable Developer options in Settings (About device > Software info > press on Build number 7 times or more). Now it should
be visible in the Settings Menu.

2. Download and install the theme. Open the theme store and apply the theme (FREE TRIAL).

3. Close the store, then head to Developer options > Running services > find both Themes/Samsung Themes and STOP BOTH.
Note: MAKE SURE BOTH AREN'T PRESENT IN RUNNING SERVICES ANYMORE AFTERWARDS.

4. Go back to Settings > Apps > Samsung Themes > Storage > CLEAR BOTH DATA & CACHE.

That's it. The theme is applied permanently and there is no need for a 3rd-party app like PDP.
Note: The theme will still be applied even after you restart your device, just don't open the Theme store and make sure its services aren't present in Running Services.

*with constant update form Samsung this nonrooted instruction may not work anymore, sorry about that.

*lightnofit version got default (white) colored notification cards, while the other one got dark notification backgrounds

*tip: since title text for notification on 3rd party apps cannot be themed it's dark on dark backgrounds if you're rooted and want to use this theme (the regular version) for a loog time just decompile your framework.-res.apk and look for res/values/colors.xml, edit the value hex color code of the line "notification_title_text". change to ffc8c8c8 or ffffffff. recompile, backup first and make a flashable zip of your framework and flash via recovery. (I'm not responsible for anything bad might happen, follow my tip at your own risk)

DOWNLOAD LINK ON ATTACHED FILES
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170508-235200.jpg
Views:	4614
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	4143656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170508-235625.jpg
Views:	4722
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	4143657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170508-230824.jpg
Views:	4636
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	4143658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170509-000209.jpg
Views:	4572
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	4143659  
Attached Files
File Type: apk terpsichora_S8.apk - [Click for QR Code] (9.67 MB, 832 views)
File Type: apk terpsichora_S8_lightnotif.apk - [Click for QR Code] (9.67 MB, 582 views)
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to envy~ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift envy~ Ad-Free

10th May 2017, 05:46 AM |#2  
Flag zaanstad
Thanks Meter: 241

More
This is beautiful really love it! I hope the method works for none rooted devices. Otherwise it is not available yet it says when I try to buy it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Thx for sharing!

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA-Developers Legacy app
10th May 2017, 07:39 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Very beautiful.. for install I had only use apk and theme store

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk
12th May 2017, 05:01 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is this for the s7?
Is this for the s7?
12th May 2017, 05:08 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyAllain

Is this for the s7?

This is for the S8 hence the forum it is in, now this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-...chora-t3486580 is the S7 version of the same theme.
12th May 2017, 05:10 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka189

This is for the S8 hence the forum it is in, now this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-...chora-t3486580 is the S7 version of the same theme.

Ok thank you. Sorry I just signed up for this site and it's a little confusing to me lol
15th May 2017, 05:08 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Unbelievably awesome theme

Thank you so much
16th May 2017, 08:21 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hmm the non-rooted method keeps resetting on me. Sure wish this was officially available in the theme store, I'd definitely pay for it. It's a really nice theme.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kinarb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kinarb Ad-Free
16th May 2017, 08:40 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Hello
root/data/overlays/preference doesn't exist

16th May 2017, 09:08 AM |#10  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 724

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebfar

Hello
root/data/overlays/preference doesn't exist

Root means root of your sd card not a root folder.
16th May 2017, 08:17 PM |#11  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 547

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinarb

Hmm the non-rooted method keeps resetting on me. Sure wish this was officially available in the theme store, I'd definitely pay for it. It's a really nice theme.

I just found a way to keep it, I'll post soon
The Following User Says Thank You to thatotherguy.. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thatotherguy.. Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)