Anker Powercore+

Search This thread

mike26301

Nov 28, 2013
Las Cruces
Do you have a Snapdragon based S8+? I'm guessing Yes, since you are marked with Sprint. (I ask because I don't know how fast charging on the Exynos chip based phones works)

Which model PowerCore+? This is where Anker gets confusing... For example, the PowerCore+ 13400mAh supports QC2/3 to re-charge itself, but doesn't output QC, it only outputs the standard 5/2.4A . If that is the one you have, it wont fast charge the S8/S8+. And this PowerCore+ 20100mAh doesn't support QC at all (for input or output). Same with the PowerCore+ Mini which only supports 5v/1A input and output. So they wont Fast Charge the S8/S8+ either.

Where as the PowerCore+ 10050mAh recharges itself at the standard 5v/2A, but DOES Output QC3 (the original model was QC2 when first released). This one SHOULD Fast Charge the S8/S8+ (from experience, I can say mine does). The PowerCore+ 26800 only supports QC3 on a single designated port, so using that port, it should Fast Charge the S8/S8+. (I don't have this battery, so I can't confirm)

With reports of unable to Fast Charge using these QC2/QC3 batteries and chargers... I wonder if Samsung got something messed up in the phones? (I remember having issues with older Motos and my QC2 stuff... where the Motos didn't charge properly but my Samsungs did). Or could it be firmware/rom related from different carriers? Like mine is Verizon and works, and yours is Sprint...

I just switched to Verizon, the S8 is my first ever phone with Verizon. What I'm confused is that all the battery banks that I have I've been able to use the fast charging with my Note 7, S7 edge, Note 5, Note 4, S6 edge+, S6 edge, S6, Note edge.

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
I just switched to Verizon, the S8 is my first ever phone with Verizon. What I'm confused is that all the battery banks that I have I've been able to use the fast charging with my Note 7, S7 edge, Note 5, Note 4, S6 edge+, S6 edge, S6, Note edge.
Yeah, I started upgrading my batteries and chargers to QC compatible with the Galaxy S6, and have continued to use with Note 5, S6Edge+, Note 7 (before returning), S7 and now S8 and S8+... (using the appropriate usb cables). I had/have other Anker batteries and chargers that don't support QC. They still work, just not for "fast charging" of the Samsung devices.

Not sure why some are having issues, but I'm not.

caliusoptimus

May 3, 2017
Got the S8+, tmobile. Bought the anker powercore+ 6 (QC2.0) and it doesn't fast charge. Works fine with my half dozen oem samsung chargers. Only tried it with the oem cable. I just bought the QC3.0 version of this charger and will give it a shot.

Also, this charger will not fast charge my samsung EB-PN930 power bank... I checked with an inline meter. It's rated for 5v, 9v, and 12v both in and out yet it goes to 5v @ 1.7a -CaliusOptimus

Vcaddy

Nov 24, 2015
Anker power core+ 26800 fast charges both my s8 and s7 even wirelessly using the official samsung fast charging stand 2016. Btw first models of this powerbank came with qc 2.0 wall brick, while later patches came with qc 3.0. Eitherways the powerbank itself only supports qc 2.0 output

From my understanding there is no difference in charging rate or speed between qc.2.0 and 3.0 except for efficiency.

ewokuk

Oct 26, 2011
I dont have one but I think you should be able to get fast charging out of it from USB-C Power Delivery, assuming you are using a USB-C cableand have one with a USB-C port on it. The S8 definitely supports PD and I assume the powercore does too if it has a USB-C port.

Top Liked Posts