FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

FYI: Oreo Beta 4 disables DeX mode using the HP elite X3 lap dock

1,427 posts
Thanks Meter: 249

By ranova, Senior Member on 15th December 2017, 02:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
On Beta 3 (and possibly lower) of Oreo, you could plug your s8 into the HP Elite X3 Lap dock and it would enable full DeX where the keyboard and trackpad would work - enabling your s8 to turn into a pretty damn good laptop.

Unfortunately, I just updated to beta 4 and it completely disables Dex Mode from activating on the Lap dock. All it does now is mirror your screen. However, The keyboard and mouse still do work

Anyone know how to possibly activate it on a non-rooted s8?

15th December 2017, 01:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Am curious to know if there are any workarounds as well!
15th December 2017, 03:55 PM |#3  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Actually, this hurts my feelings so much... I really hoped on using one without the need to root my S8 at all...
7th January 2018, 05:39 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
You might try using the Sentio desktop application, which is designed to provide the desktop for the Sentio Superbook project.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sentio.desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranova

On Beta 3 (and possibly lower) of Oreo, you could plug your s8 into the HP Elite X3 Lap dock and it would enable full DeX where the keyboard and trackpad would work - enabling your s8 to turn into a pretty damn good laptop.

Unfortunately, I just updated to beta 4 and it completely disables Dex Mode from activating on the Lap dock. All it does now is mirror your screen. However, The keyboard and mouse still do work

Anyone know how to possibly activate it on a non-rooted s8?

30th January 2018, 10:00 PM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,216

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwalters

You might try using the Sentio desktop application, which is designed to provide the desktop for the Sentio Superbook project.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sentio.desktop

Cool little app. It is basically just a launcher for screen mirroring though, but works.

I am on a Note 8 running beta Oreo CRA9 and my KSWNG from Amazon works, but it requires power for Dex to load... however when power is attached, my USB port stops functioning. I confirmed this in regular android on my phone. The attached mouse disappears once I add in power.

Anyone else have this issue? All of the videos I've seen, use Dex without power.
31st January 2018, 12:50 PM |#6  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911

Cool little app. It is basically just a launcher for screen mirroring though, but works.

I am on a Note 8 running beta Oreo CRA9 and my KSWNG from Amazon works, but it requires power for Dex to load... however when power is attached, my USB port stops functioning. I confirmed this in regular android on my phone. The attached mouse disappears once I add in power.

Anyone else have this issue? All of the videos I've seen, use Dex without power.

I'm not a Note 8 user, but I don't have any problem using dex with power.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)