FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Official Samsung S8+ Screen Protector Review

95 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By MopHeadGeek, Member on 2nd May 2017, 10:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well I have been struggling to find a decent screen protector untill now.

Online there were alot of terrible reviews on most protectors due to the protectors not sticking. They lift after a few days, reduce the touch sensitivity. The good ones have a sort of dot matrix you can see when the screen is tilted certain ways. So I thought I'd order the genuine Samsung ones I thought hey who better than the manufacture.
I wasn't holding up much hope but I was pleasantly surprised. It isn't a glass protector and it isn't quite the film protectors. It's a little thicker the clarity is crystal clear and the feel is nice. It works with certain cases but not huge bulky ones. I tend to use a case for work and I have a skin on the rear of the phone to stop scratches and a screen protector on the front. Touch wood I haven't broken a phone yet. I want it looking nice and shiny after a year so not to bothered hiding it with a skin.

I will update this review in 7 days after using it in my day to day life. The protector has adhesive all over and is easy to fit as the outer protector has two alignment tabs to hold and a white line the matches perfectly to the bottom and top edges of where the screen starts so you can align perfectly.

I purchased mine in the UK for £14.99 you get 2 in the packaging which is pretty substanical so they shouldn't loss there shape when posting either.

Feel free to ask any questions
Happy reading and happy purchasing.
If you have this protector please write how your experience with it has been so far.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MopHeadGeek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MopHeadGeek Ad-Free

2nd May 2017, 11:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Just ordered these too as I found a very faint scratch on my screen.
3rd May 2017, 10:59 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Let me know how you get on mate.
3rd May 2017, 01:44 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Where are you finding samsung branded protectors? They aren't listed on the samsung website.
3rd May 2017, 07:53 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolf823

Where are you finding samsung branded protectors? They aren't listed on the samsung website.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-...ack-p63092.htm

This is where I purchased mine
6th May 2017, 10:05 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
orignall products..
Where we find orignal roduct of my cell phone everyone give me first copy
7th May 2017, 06:20 PM |#7  
Flag essex lad
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MopHeadGeek

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-...ack-p63092.htm

This is where I purchased mine

Please keep us posted on this thanks.
7th May 2017, 07:16 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
5 days later so far so good the screen protector also works with a tech 21 clear impact case! It hasn't lifted as of yet. Tiny bit of dust being collected by the very edges ever so slight other than that it's perfect.
8th May 2017, 10:25 PM |#9  
Flag Saint Stephen
Thanks Meter: 127

More
I'm also wondering how it's doing. Does the protector cover right up to the edge where it meets with the medal? How's it feel...like olephobic coating and feeling smooth...not rubbery.
8th May 2017, 10:34 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
It is holding up perfect for my usage one issue which I caused I nicked the bottom of the protector which has caused it to tear ever so slightly my fault for taking it out of a case. It feels perfect for me you can tell it isn't the glass but it isn't a bad feel.
9th May 2017, 11:28 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
The dust collecting on the edges is seriously getting on my nerves. The ocd in me wants to rip the protector off and the other part of me can't stand the small faint marks I have on the screen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)