FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S8+: Does it matter what brand you use for a WIRELESS CHARGER?

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By LeoNote4, Member on 20th May 2017, 12:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Should I use the one by Samsung so as not to degrade the battery?

or it doesn't matter at all?

What brands would you recommend?

20th May 2017, 01:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
It doesn't matter. I use 2 official wireless chargers and one 3rd party pleeson brand.

Not one difference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
20th May 2017, 07:54 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
I don't know, after the latest system update on verizon my 3rd party wireless charger stopped working. Only charges about 20% then stops.
20th May 2017, 05:26 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Shouldn't be. But I'm waiting for the new convertible one to be on sale.
22nd May 2017, 04:09 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
No problem with my choetech stand fast wireless charger.
22nd May 2017, 04:28 AM |#6  
The S8 supports most wireless chargers, but it's best to make sure the charger you pick was made for at least the S7 if you want to get the wireless fast charge function.
The transmitter for the wireless charger also needs to line up with the right spot on your phone or it might not make a proper connection. I had this issue with my S6 where the spot on the phone was lower than the charger, so I had to put something below the phone to line it up with the charger.
23rd May 2017, 04:53 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Just saw this fast wireless charger deals on Slickdeals! Hope useful for you: https://slickdeals.net/f/10178316-ch...archBarV2Algo1
24th May 2017, 02:41 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I snagged the official 2017 wireless charger for a steal at best buy. I showed them an online add from cdw and they took it!!! Only cause it was the last one in stock and they wanted to slang it quick. Lady at the register was surprised I got the deal.
24th May 2017, 03:34 PM |#9  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 472

Donate to Me
More
Bought a Tronsmart Chocolate Bar charger. Works just fine, though I plan to move the charger circuit (replacing the microUSB port with a soldered USB cable or even a QC3.0 power brick) into a 3D printed phone stand.
25th May 2017, 04:06 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I have a normal diy wireless charging coil. It heard up more than it charges.
6th June 2017, 01:19 AM |#11  
Flag Charlottesville Va
Thanks Meter: 196

More
I bought a Black Web wireless charger from Walmart originally as a temporary charger until we got in the Samsung one. Honestly not going to bother. It works well enough, no heat and holds the phone at 100% once charged.

I looked around on Amazon and it seems to be identical to several they sell, just different branding.

I'm content at the moment, was only $20.

My Nexus 6 charger worked only at normal speeds. I like the magnet in it so ordered magnets to attempt to modify the Blackweb charger. They aren't necessarily needed, just something I want to attempt.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
charger

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)