Wireless charger

Search This thread

PuffinNugz

Aug 3, 2010
Indy
Any information on the new wireless chargers? Seeing as it's $90 vs last years model with can be had for much less, is there that much of a difference?

PuffinNugz

Aug 3, 2010
Indy
With the Nexus 6P, the charging cables are USB C on both ends. Are the samsung cables the same way? Are these wireless chargers USB C or micro usb?

Flame Red

I was looking for a Qi "Docking Station" and found the Samsung Qi charging stand "open box" deal on Amazon and could not pass it up at $25 shipped. Only had it 24 hours and seems pretty decent on an S6 Edge Plus. Uses a standard micro-USB not the USB-C.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BMDQ9U8

When I got it the seal on the factory box was opened, but the unit appeared brand new, came with everything else sealed and even had all the protective wrap on it.

ewokuk

Oct 26, 2011
How much slower do the 'fast' wireless chargers charge it vs the stock usb c cable charger? Last time i tried it was on my S5 and its so much slower than charging with a cable that it just wasnt worth the minor reduction in hassle of not having to plug in the cable, but if it was charging almost as fast then it might be worth it.

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
How much slower do the 'fast' wireless chargers charge it vs the stock usb c cable charger? Last time i tried it was on my S5 and its so much slower than charging with a cable that it just wasnt worth the minor reduction in hassle of not having to plug in the cable, but if it was charging almost as fast then it might be worth it.
I'm not sure S5 was even capable of fast wireless charging

ewokuk

Oct 26, 2011
I'm not sure S5 was even capable of fast wireless charging

Probably wasnt. But I havent seen any data on how fast the fast wireless charging is vs fast cable charging. I suspect the wireless is still much slower but if not then I will probably look to pick up a good charger for it.

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Probably wasnt. But I havent seen any data on how fast the fast wireless charging is vs fast cable charging. I suspect the wireless is still much slower but if not then I will probably look to pick up a good charger for it.
Its pretty fast I tested it with my S6 and Note 5 last year. I dont have the exact numbers but its much faster than regular wireless charging. I don't recall if it was as fast as plugging it in but it's pretty close.

ewokuk

Oct 26, 2011
Its pretty fast I tested it with my S6 and Note 5 last year. I dont have the exact numbers but its much faster than regular wireless charging. I don't recall if it was as fast as plugging it in but it's pretty close.

Ok I found something on the S7 Edge saying 9% to 100% took just over 2 hours on fast wireless and 90 mins with cable. Not too bad but cable still over 33% faster. I think they said the s8 had slightly faster wireless charging than the s7 but didnt say by how much or provide any data on it.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2008
In this review of the new wireless charger it shows that its plug is rated for both 5V at 2A or 9V at 1.67A, so it should support 15 watt charging, for QC 3.0 speeds. Wish they weren't $90, I need two of them...

Top Liked Posts