FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Blurru photos in (not so much) low lights

184 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By Juliogol, Senior Member on 20th May 2017, 12:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys!

Been loving my S8 so far, but I don't know if I am missing something or it's just the camera that works like this, but, photos taken outside come out bright and no problems.

But whenever I try to take photos of my 8 month ols son, 6 out of 10 times, I end up with a blurry shot. Am I missing some setting? Anyone else having the same problem?

I noticed a small milisecond kinda delay after taking the shot sometimes, doesn't matter if I have internal storage selected or SD card as save directory.

Here are some samples of the results I get.

Tried sports mode and while there's no delay when taking the shot, I get kinda the same results.

20th May 2017, 02:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 164

More
He is clearly moving and in low light camera needs to have lens open longer to expose picture properly. To fix it you need to switch into PRO mode and then you have 3 options which do pretty much the same thing different ways:
1. add more or stronger lights into the room, 2. manually set ISO as high as you can tolerate noise (probably need to do few test shots) 3. set shutter speed at at least 1/100 sec or shorter depending on speed of movement, here you risk under exposure, high ISO noise. Also you can combine 1 and 2 or 3.
The Following User Says Thank You to pete4k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pete4k Ad-Free
20th May 2017, 03:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k

He is clearly moving and in low light camera needs to have lens open longer to expose picture properly. To fix it you need to switch into PRO mode and then you have 3 options which do pretty much the same thing different ways:
1. add more or stronger lights into the room, 2. manually set ISO as high as you can tolerate noise (probably need to do few test shots) 3. set shutter speed at at least 1/100 sec or shorter depending on speed of movement, here you risk under exposure, high ISO noise. Also you can combine 1 and 2 or 3.

Thanks for the advice. Used to get better results in the same conditions with the Nexus 6P that's why I found this strange.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
20th May 2017, 03:19 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Either your kid is growing up and moving faster or Nexus defaulted to higher ISO settings in similar conditions. At 1.7 the lens on S8 is most likely brighter than 6P, but the ISO setting is double edged sword: higher the ISO less blur in fast moving object, but more noise, which could ruin the picture. Another way to do it is to time it just when the movement is smallest and if your timing is off, then set the cam into burst mode, you'll have whole bunch of pictures to choose from. S8 has one of the best, most capable cameras on any phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to pete4k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pete4k Ad-Free
20th May 2017, 07:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k

Either your kid is growing up and moving faster or Nexus defaulted to higher ISO settings in similar conditions. At 1.7 the lens on S8 is most likely brighter than 6P, but the ISO setting is double edged sword: higher the ISO less blur in fast moving object, but more noise, which could ruin the picture. Another way to do it is to time it just when the movement is smallest and if your timing is off, then set the cam into burst mode, you'll have whole bunch of pictures to choose from. S8 has one of the best, most capable cameras on any phone.

Haha maybe he is quite fast now

I thought maybe it was a setting I was missing or a defective camera. Thanks again!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blurry, photos, samsungs8

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)