FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: How badly do you want this mod for s8(+)

I need it like I need air

3 Vote(s)
30.00%
I need it like I need water

3 Vote(s)
30.00%
I need it like I need food

4 Vote(s)
40.00%

Camera Mod S8(Plus) ?? Bounty possible.

123 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By sensationvsgalaxy, Senior Member on 18th May 2017, 09:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I wonder if it is possible to mod the camera app in the s8(+) like zeroprobe did with s7 camera (https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-...rates-t3439870) so that we can increase picture image quality and video modes bitrate ? (as most of you know, our brand new-and expensive- s8 already gets beaten by Pixel and Htc u11 in the camera department, but the zeroprobe's Mod on the s7 did wonders: i had the phone and the mod and it was extraordinary). I already asked zeroprobe and he said he will maybe buy the s8 in the future (in a couple of months) because it is too expensive for him (which to me sounds very unsure and definitely too far away). I'm just asking if there are developers here NOW that already have the phone (and also the knowledge how to do it..one could see examine how zeroprobe did it in his mod ).
I could also start a BOUNTY for this Mod (my donation would be 30€ from the start, but if another 50 people donate only 10€/$ it would suffice) and if enough people want this, we could get the interest of some talented (senior) developers here..
So guys, please comment and let me know if you guys are interested in getting the best camera (for a phone that cost a lot and deserves to not be held back by Samsungs software limitations).
The Following User Says Thank You to sensationvsgalaxy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sensationvsgalaxy Ad-Free

19th May 2017, 08:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Did this require Root?
19th May 2017, 03:33 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccy31

Did this require Root?

yes ...so unfortunately no US developers can help right now, I know.. But we have a lot of talented guys here in Europe also.. but not all can afford it unlocked..
21st May 2017, 07:07 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
so there are already 6 people who need this mod more than anything in the world.. but they did not leave a donation amount...
21st May 2017, 07:10 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Get a job
21st May 2017, 03:31 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I have already modded my S8 camera on the S8 ports. I will post the files shortly, can not guarantee them to work with the S8 though, since im only running on a S7.

Features:
- Increased Bitrates
- JPG Quality to 96%
- HDR, Track-Focus for all resolutions
- Disabled Stickers
- Aqua mode (not sure if it's enabled on S8 by default - basicly locks the screen and allows for underwater recordings)

Thread-Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-...-hdr-t3591907/
Attached Files
File Type: zip killucam_s8port_v1.3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.51 MB, 36 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Killuminati91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Killuminati91 Ad-Free
21st May 2017, 08:31 PM |#7  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 476

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killuminati91

I have already modded my S8 camera on the S8 ports. I will post the files shortly, can not guarantee them to work with the S8 though, since im only running on a S7.

Features:
- Increased Bitrates
- JPG Quality to 96%
- Disabled Stickers
- Aqua mode (not sure if it's enabled on S8 by default - basicly locks the screen and allows for underwater recordings)

thanks, flashed and I think it works... but I guess the picture size is still the same as its still 96% like stock? btw, is it possible to add taking pictures when recording 1080p 60fps, I remember the S5 camera mod back in the days it was possible
21st May 2017, 09:29 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killuminati91

Features:
- Increased Bitrates
- JPG Quality to 96%
- Disabled Stickers

OK, thanks for the files, I will test it soon.. but what I had in mind was something like an app.. because different people will want different bitrates\jpeg Quality... so we still have to wait for a developer with the s8..
21st May 2017, 09:57 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Could some of you fine gents post a before/after pictures to show us the changes? I personally interested in back facing camera quality change for people portraits.
many thanks
23rd May 2017, 01:09 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Pro Mode force close when saving raw files too. Vídeo stabilization unable to activate. Tks for your work on the mod

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA-Developers Legacy app
28th May 2017, 11:21 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
I just started this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ality-t3613441

hopefully enough good devs will see it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bounty, camera mod, galaxy s8

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)