FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

No fast wireless charging option? Wtf?

336 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

By LXative, Senior Member on 2nd January 2018, 09:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, one of my co-workers has a S8 (Cricket). He just noticed that under his settings in the battery section, there is no toggle to enable Fast Wireless Charging under the Advanced options.

I've been searching here as well as in Google for any answers. I've seen a thread or two randomly on other forums, one was a VZW customer who apparently found from their customer service, that there was a known issue on some devices and the fast wireless charging option was removed. Not sure if this was in a series of production, maybe earlier production devices? That specific thread was from the beginning of Dec 2017.

I've really found no concrete answers, and actually don't get anything when I search that is specific to Cricket Devices. I've got an ATT S8+, and I have the option and actually use fast wireless charging every night.

Hoping someone knows a way to force it back, or if this is something to be fixed by Samsung?

***EDIT - I just realized that my boss doesn't have fast wireless charging either, she hasn't been able to use the fast charger we got her for Christmas. She has a Vzw S8+.

TIA
2nd January 2018, 10:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
It's available after first use with a fast wireless charger. Just put it on the charger and it will be there. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
10th January 2018, 05:31 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mebane

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible29

It's available after first use with a fast wireless charger. Just put it on the charger and it will be there. Hope this helps.

We put it on a known working fast wireless charger, no dice. It was actually tried for a short period (30 minutes) and then completely charged on a fast wireless charger overnight. Option still isn't there, nor did it fast charge ever while on the charger.
14th January 2018, 03:38 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mebane

More
Anyone else have a suggestion?
14th January 2018, 03:46 PM |#5  
Flag Žilina
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Use proper Fast Wireless Charger, like Samsung one. Also with proper strong charger connected to wireless charger...
14th January 2018, 10:19 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpkqkma

Use proper Fast Wireless Charger, like Samsung one. Also with proper strong charger connected to wireless charger...

Yes that's correct

You need a fast wireless charger which is plugged in with a fast or quickcharge adaptor otherwise it won't work

15th January 2018, 04:28 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 919

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXative

We put it on a known working fast wireless charger, no dice.

Which one?
15th January 2018, 09:37 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
On mine it's just a matter of whether or not it's plugged into a fast charging brick. If I want slow charge, I use a charger other than the one that came with the phone. Works on my Verizon S8+ no problem
19th January 2018, 08:40 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mebane

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachpuff

Which one?

Choetech, using a fast charging brick and cable from a Samsung S7. Works fine for my ATT dev, have tested with another ATT dev (Note 8) and it worked fine on it as well.
20th January 2018, 09:40 AM |#10  

More
I use the following. Cheap and cheerful. Plus all of them are fast.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3695067

20th March 2019, 08:21 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's Not the Charger, block/travel plug or lead.
I am, and always have been a loyal Samsung user since the (slide up) D500 which I still have btw.

Had every other S model as my provider contract is over 18 months so tend to miss a model. S4, S6 now on S8+ and had charger port issues with them all. So Samsung changed the port, and lead to one that even an idiot like me can plug in whilst driving in the dark without breaking it. Imagine my surprise and disappointment when my S8 stopped fast charging. As the title states, I have only ever used the charger and lead supplied with the handset and after past issues am ULTRA carefull when charging.

So I bought a Samsung (EP-PG9201) wireless fast charger. Using S8's f/charger block + lead from my S6 placed S8 on it and yeah, it charges but no fast charge? Followed all the settings advice but no Accessories option in Advanced Features, Device Maintenance, Battery, Advanced Settings but no wireless charge option (fast or otherwise) Yet prior to my purchase I checked these settings to see if S8 was compatable and the wireless option was there but greyed out but now it's gone!?!

Soz for the waffle but IT'S WOUND ME UP 100% Any help or advice that doesn't include charger, block, lead, settings, phone case or software updates would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance guys

Blacksnake
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)