FORUMS

How to calibrate Force Touch on Samsung Galaxy S8

136 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By Pr0Ankit, Senior Member on 18th January 2018, 09:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

Since few weeks I was having problems with pressure sensitive home button on s8. It was accepting light presses and getting activated in the pocket many times. I took it to ASC and they said that they need to calibrate the Force Touch so they flashed stock rom again and calibrated the force touch.. After the calibration.. the home button worked well for days until I had reset my device from recovery. After the reset.. it again started to act weird and get activated by light press. They used their official tool i.e "Samsung Galaxy Must v2.4" tool to calibrate the force touch and test the device for water resistance after screen replacement.
As that official application is not available anywhere on the internet and it requires engineer account for web login.. Just wanted to know if there is an alternative application like that which can calibrate the force touch on s8 ?

Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pr0Ankit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pr0Ankit Ad-Free
22nd January 2018, 12:14 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,283

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0Ankit

Hello,

Since few weeks I was having problems with pressure sensitive home button on s8. It was accepting light presses and getting activated in the pocket many times. I took it to ASC and they said that they need to calibrate the Force Touch so they flashed stock rom again and calibrated the force touch.. After the calibration.. the home button worked well for days until I had reset my device from recovery. After the reset.. it again started to act weird and get activated by light press. They used their official tool i.e "Samsung Galaxy Must v2.4" tool to calibrate the force touch and test the device for water resistance after screen replacement.
As that official application is not available anywhere on the internet and it requires engineer account for web login.. Just wanted to know if there is an alternative application like that which can calibrate the force touch on s8 ?

Thanks.

Are you rooted?
22nd January 2018, 02:29 AM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,539

Donate to Me
More
Where'd you get that tool? Maybe I could help if I could try it.
Edit: nvm, read the whole thing.
22nd January 2018, 07:34 AM |#4  
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 578

More
Quote:

Hello,

Thanks.

You can adjust sensitivity in the settings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180121-233409.jpg
Views:	1318
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	4396372  
22nd January 2018, 10:17 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by partcyborg

Are you rooted?

No, I am not rooted but is there such tool for rooted users ?
22nd January 2018, 10:19 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsupnow

You can adjust sensitivity in the settings

Yes, I am aware of that settings. Btw, that settings adjuster doesn't works correctly until the force touch is calibrated properly. If the force touch is uncalibrated, setting the home button sensitivity to lowest will also accept light presses.
22nd January 2018, 11:17 AM |#7  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,283

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No, I am not rooted but is there such tool for rooted users ?

There is a tool on your phone for this, but its hidden and easier to get to if rooted. Luckily for you I figured out how to do it without 😁

Open up the stock dialer and dial the following, without making any mistakes, at a reasonable pace:

*#0*#

Welcome to the factory test and calibration app. Select the sensor that's bugging you and go through the treats and see if it's broken. If the tests fail, you at least know they can't claim it's fine if you send it for warranty work
22nd January 2018, 11:31 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Im having slightly different home button issues after a screen replacement too. Ive tried dialling that thing and done various tests but cant see any for home button.
22nd January 2018, 12:55 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by partcyborg

There is a tool on your phone for this, but its hidden and easier to get to if rooted. Luckily for you I figured out how to do it without

Open up the stock dialer and dial the following, without making any mistakes, at a reasonable pace:

*#0*#

Welcome to the factory test and calibration app. Select the sensor that's bugging you and go through the treats and see if it's broken. If the tests fail, you at least know they can't claim it's fine if you send it for warranty work

Heya, I know about this factory test. It cannot be used for calibrating force touch I guess. In the factory test menu, there is an option called "Sub-Menu Test" which tests the pressure sensitive home button. However, it is just for testing and I tried it before almost 50 times.. it doesn't helps. All what helped me before was their "Samsung Galaxy Must" tool which calibrated the force touch and the home button worked fine until factory reset or software update. Thanks though for the help
22nd January 2018, 12:58 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuar

Im having slightly different home button issues after a screen replacement too. Ive tried dialling that thing and done various tests but cant see any for home button.

In the stock dialer type *#0*# and when the testing menu appears, tap "Sub-menu or Sub-key test". Press your home button for testing it. Though, my home button problem was present even before screen replacement. It was not related to hardware because I found the exact same problem on some other guy's s8 whose home button accepted very light press.. just like this one :-

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...utton-t3601304

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/co...haptics_wonky/

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...6#post75298467
7th April 2018, 05:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am interested in this also. Samsung replaced my screen a couple months back. Since then, the home button force touch is so sensitive that it's not usable. It turns on constantly in my pocket, or just barely touching it with my little finger. The sensitivity adjustment does nothing noticeable. It worked perfectly before the screen was replaced. I sent the phone back to Samsung, with a detailed explanation and instructions to calibrate the force touch. They sent the phone back, saying it passed all diagnostic tests and did nothing. I can understand why they wouldn't want the typical user having access to this adjustment, as many would be cracking their screens if set too hard. It seems the only way to get this working again is to buy a new phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)