Lag and micro stuttering on stock launcher [VIDEO]

Search This thread

skivnit

May 21, 2012
What people don't understand is feature packed (bloatware) launcher will always stutter compared to vanilla. Just look at how many services are running

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
I know that on the graph, anything over the green line is a frame drop, but it was somewhat hard for me to notice without the slow down video. Doesn't seem too bad honestly.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

B-Man2005

Feb 1, 2009
Wildeshausen
these are not framedrops depending on bad performance or bad programming. its implemented badly thats all...

if you swipe lets say from the buttom to the top and finger always on screen there is no framedrop... even if you do it fast.
if you let go before animation is over then the break happens...
its just poorly done... just finger on screen all the time...

slind

Aug 18, 2007
Bremen
I think it has gotten much worse after the latest update with May patch level. The device is super stuttery for me, apps force close all the time. I reverted back to the FHD resolution, cleaned cache partition and uninstalled almost everything I dont need. Didn't do ****. Super annoying.

fdorr

Apr 30, 2007
Buenos Aires
these are not framedrops depending on bad performance or bad programming. its implemented badly thats all...

if you swipe lets say from the buttom to the top and finger always on screen there is no framedrop... even if you do it fast.

Its true

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I've had a S-835 and two Exynos and none performed like your videos. But I never recorded them in slow motion either. The performance you get has a lot to do with what you freeze, what apps you're running, and your settings. The more people "customize" their phones the more problems it seems to create sometimes.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Mine after factory reset performs like that on the stock launcher, in nova or evie performs lag free

Again, I had a U.S. version, a pink UK version that got returned, and my current UK phone. I used the two that are gone for two weeks each and all three phones were configured identically with over 100 apps and four push e-mail accounts. None of them lagged or stuttered in app openings, transitions, or scrolling. I see you're in Latin America so maybe it's a regional issue.

Reactions: fdorr

fdorr

Apr 30, 2007
Buenos Aires
Again, I had a U.S. version, a pink UK version that got returned, and my current UK phone. I used the two that are gone for two weeks each and all three phones were configured identically with over 100 apps and four push e-mail accounts. None of them lagged or stuttered in app openings, transitions, or scrolling. I see you're in Latin America so maybe it's a regional issue.
I have an Exynos S8+ buyit in amazon Germany. Again. Custom launcher 0 lag. Stock launcher sttuter when opens and closes the app drawer like the videos in page 1

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've bought a galaxy s8 and this kind of lag is anoying. I can feel the same problem as you. Some scrolling apps stutter too.
    Mine after factory reset performs like that on the stock launcher, in nova or evie performs lag free