FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Missing apps in google launcher

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By quangtungnguyen, Member on 24th April 2017, 01:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys I downloaded the google launcher and I don't have any apps in the drawer, going to Nova and touchwiz doesn't have this problem. I've read on other forums similar issues but no fix. Any ideas? Btw nothing is disabled in package pro. Also did a clear data for touchwiz

25th April 2017, 01:17 AM |#2  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Same issue here. I just bought a brand new SM-G955U (AT&T). Steps I've done so far with phone:
1) Turned on phone, signed in with google
2) Signed into Samsung account, setup acct, setup gearS3, samsung pay, then I logged out and signed in as a different samsung user (just to match the google acct).
3) Installed all the Google apps, updated everything, finished hours later.
4) Installed Samsung update, approx 45mb
5) Install Google Launcher from app store. Setup all my shortcuts, font-size, wallpaper...
6) Woke up this morning, opened the app drawer using the Google Launcher, shows no apps, just the words "Search Apps"
7) Switched back to TouchWiz, all is ok, working as normal.
8) uninstalled Google Launcher, reinstalled, still no apps in drawer. Also tried to clear the App-Cache, no go.
9) I tried to install the "Pixel Launcher" from the XDA forums, where it did work fine on my Moto Z Play, still no apps in drawer on my GS8+.

There seems to be some posts on other sites related to the same symptoms, but with older devices from about 2-3 years ago. They point to Knox as the culprit, but no step-by-step instructions on how to permenantly fix the issue.

Anyone? Ideas? Please?!

JonnyB
25th April 2017, 05:30 AM |#3  
Flag Covina
Thanks Meter: 20

More
It's not compatible with secure folder. If you enable it, you won't see any apps in the app drawer
25th April 2017, 06:24 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I tried disabling secure folder in package pro and it doesn't fix the problem
25th April 2017, 06:04 PM |#5  
Flag Covina
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quangtungnguyen

I tried disabling secure folder in package pro and it doesn't fix the problem

You actually have to uninstall it if you've opened it once, not just disable it
2nd May 2017, 07:24 PM |#6  

More
I uninstalled Google Launcher and all my apps re-appeared.
29th July 2017, 12:26 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craya

You actually have to uninstall it if you've opened it once, not just disable it

You cant uninstall the secure folder
4th August 2017, 03:24 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I had the same problem and it's not Google, it's Samsung. I realized that only my games were not showing up but I could search them in settings. Turns out they were going to the game launcher. In game launcher settings there is an option to hide apps on home screen and drawer. Well, that is enabled by default. Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebullet001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bluebullet001 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)