moisture in charger port S8

Search This thread
Jan 27, 2018
San Jose
I had this over the last 3 days now, I have been using a QI pad in the meantime however. . . .
1. Boot into safe mode and try to charge if it does reboot and away you go.
2. Boot into Recovery / TWRP/ Download mode and then reboot ( this has worked every time for me using TWRP)

Richard berrios

Feb 22, 2018
Ive got the same problem, but i was out in the rain, ( drizzling ) actually. Stil, im getting that. Moisture notification every day.. rice did not to the trick..

achour7

Nov 4, 2016
Tizi Ouzou
Hello.
I already had this problem on my S7 after using it in a pool just use an aiguiet n And clean the USB port while being careful not to damage it and use an Q-tip with alcool

ammadb

Oct 13, 2012
multan
My problem is my phone does charges but for 1 sec fast charging appears then its reconnected with cable charging. When I switch off and charge it shows water sign. but not with the phone off. any fix?

ammadb

Oct 13, 2012
multan
I'm sure it's most likely software related. After a custom ROM it never appeared again for me. But the solution for me I posted above

Where above?
I even tried reflashing and new flashing of the rom but still it persists.
The phone is completely dry but it starts showing moisture notif
I even tried clearing out the usb settings from Apps menu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yup. Same thing here! I jumped in the pool and shot some video under water and 5 days later everything cool no issues. Then i went to the beach and a wave splashed it.... now that same issue. Gunna try the rice, should fix it. If not I'll take it to a Samsung store to have my port checked out ;)..... do you have any new update on yours?
    I still get the notification maybe once every 3 days or so like once a day. I took mine to Samsung and they said the phone is fine. Sometimes when you hold it, if you have a finger over the charger port (like I do) heat and moisture from your finger can trigger it ?
    Hello everyone, I had the same issue but found a work around!

1. Plug in your charging cable
    2. Message will popup saying it won't charge if it's wet, just disregard that and leave the cord plugged in.
    3. Reboot the phone
    4. It should say how long it has left to charge now. Just leave it plugged in and it will charge.

When I unplugged it the message came back but at least I can still charge my phone by plugging the charging cable in and rebooting the phone with it still in.
    Someone on another forum had a similar issue. Apparently a fuse had been blown. Brought the phone to Samsung and had to have the port replaced.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    only true solution is to take a hair dryer , place it on low heat or warm. hold it 1 ft away from charge port and blow it for 3 minutes. Your phone will start working as normal again.
    All I do now is just turn it off plug in charge and turn back on. Works everytime. Although I rarely get the message anymore.