FORUMS

Oreo random reboots

267 posts
Thanks Meter: 40
 
By adie1234, Senior Member on 18th February 2018, 03:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone suffering from these on the s8...s8+? As oreo is now delayed in the uk as ppl have complained..personall6 i aint had 1 random reboot at all

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
19th February 2018, 05:47 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
I've been on the Unlocked S8 U1 Oreo Beta since it was pushed out for us beta testers and havent had a SINGLE random reboot since its first beta. Still on final beta and not having ANY issues with reboots.
The Following User Says Thank You to anderd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anderd Ad-Free
19th February 2018, 06:43 PM |#4  
siddharthsai's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Just manually updated to Oreo. So far is 10x better than nougat. No reboots so far. Buttery smooth
The Following User Says Thank You to siddharthsai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift siddharthsai Ad-Free
20th February 2018, 12:17 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
No reboot on my genuine s8, everything work in oreo exempt eap-sim
18th April 2018, 08:37 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I've been getting random reboots on my S8 Oreo (once a day, usually). I have the official firmware (no root) and happened both on CRB7 and CRC7.

Any ideas?
27th April 2018, 06:25 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxEin

I've been getting random reboots on my S8 Oreo (once a day, usually). I have the official firmware (no root) and happened both on CRB7 and CRC7.

Any ideas?

Hey,bro
I meet the same problem as you....Actually,since on Nougat,I had meet this issue...And now I am on Oreo,this problem also exist...
27th April 2018, 06:57 AM |#8  
Never had reboot problems on my Australian S8, S8+ or Note 8. All running Oreo.
I know, 3 different phones but I got the S8+ as a grey import but REALLY wanted the Note 8 which I then bought on pre-order.
I got the S8 for free from Telstra when they ran a promo that upgraded my plan giving me an extra 5gb of data a month and a free S8 all for the price I was already paying. Be an idiot not to upgrade...
Anyway, none of them have the problem of bootlooping in Oreo.
27th April 2018, 08:34 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

Never had reboot problems on my Australian S8, S8+ or Note 8. All running Oreo.
I know, 3 different phones but I got the S8+ as a grey import but REALLY wanted the Note 8 which I then bought on pre-order.
I got the S8 for free from Telstra when they ran a promo that upgraded my plan giving me an extra 5gb of data a month and a free S8 all for the price I was already paying. Be an idiot not to upgrade...
Anyway, none of them have the problem of bootlooping in Oreo.

Well, lucky you (both for the lack of reboots as well as the ammount of flagship phones : P )
I should add my S8 is the exynoss variant (bought in argentina) and I hadn't experienced restarts before oreo

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnAc

Hey,bro
I meet the same problem as you....Actually,since on Nougat,I had meet this issue...And now I am on Oreo,this problem also exist...

Exynos? Also, do you use Sabs / adhell/ or anything similar? How about Force Doze / Greenify?
28th April 2018, 02:41 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxEin

Well, lucky you (both for the lack of reboots as well as the ammount of flagship phones : P )
I should add my S8 is the exynoss variant (bought in argentina) and I hadn't experienced restarts before oreo

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------



Exynos? Also, do you use Sabs / adhell/ or anything similar? How about Force Doze / Greenify?

Yes,Exynos.I check the log and find that maybe the external storage card cause random reboot....When I removed the sdcard yesterday, it seems that no
more random reboot until now...Maybe my sdcard is damaged
28th April 2018, 03:35 AM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnAc

Yes,Exynos.I check the log and find that maybe the external storage card cause random reboot....When I removed the sdcard yesterday, it seems that no
more random reboot until now...Maybe my sdcard is damaged

What brand of SD card do you use, I have Samsung in mine, no reboots.
I also have the Exynos models...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes