FORUMS

Play store apps reamain on 100% downloaded but don't install

427 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By renton82, Senior Member on 5th June 2017, 04:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a problem with play store: if i download an app from it, it remains stuck at 100% downloaded but it doesn't install... it needs sometimes even 3 or 4 minutes to start installation. Same thing for uninstall... I have just tried to clear play store memory (cache + memory) and play services memory but it doesn't help...
5th June 2017, 05:09 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Seems i have found the problem... i have uninstalled and re installed nova launcher and now it seems to work perfectly... i think that's something related to "add shortcuts in home pages" in play store settings...
The Following User Says Thank You to renton82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift renton82 Ad-Free
5th June 2017, 05:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
It already happened to me on my former phone. But I solved the problem by rebooting the phone
9th June 2017, 07:38 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Problems persist... i've done a factory reset but nothing: sometimes it's impossible to install/uninstall applications from Play Store, the progress bar of download stuck at 100% but the app won't install... sometimes it needs some minutes, sometimes it's just instantly... it's something play store server related? If i try to uninstall app from touchwiz it's simply instantly even if however, if go to app list in play store, the app i've just uninstalled is still present in the apps list... .
I noticed that sometimes even the manual update of phone firmware doesn't work and the "checking update page" appears sometimes instantly ans sometimes after some minutes...
9th June 2017, 09:04 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Same problems here. Noticed the same when requesting system update for the gear s3 from the phone. Also happening on my tab s3...

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
9th June 2017, 09:06 AM |#6  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 692

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by renton82

Problems persist... i've done a factory reset but nothing: sometimes it's impossible to install/uninstall applications from Play Store, the progress bar of download stuck at 100% but the app won't install... sometimes it needs some minutes, sometimes it's just instantly... it's something play store server related? If i try to uninstall app from touchwiz it's simply instantly even if however, if go to app list in play store, the app i've just uninstalled is still present in the apps list... .
I noticed that sometimes even the manual update of phone firmware doesn't work and the "checking update page" appears sometimes instantly ans sometimes after some minutes...

Have you tried to update Google play services? And play store to the latest version. Do both of these then boot to recovery and wipe cache and reboot.
9th June 2017, 09:24 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by callumbr1

Have you tried to update Google play services? And play store to the latest version. Do both of these then boot to recovery and wipe cache and reboot.

I've just done another factory reset from recovery menu and now seems to works well, i don't know what triggers this thing... it's a little bit annoying...
9th June 2017, 09:25 AM |#8  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 692

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by renton82

I've just done another factory reset from recovery menu and now seems to works well, i don't know what triggers this thing... it's a little bit annoying...

Hmmm strange? See how it goes from now...
9th June 2017, 09:26 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by callumbr1

Hmmm strange? See how it goes from now...

Fingers crossed
The Following User Says Thank You to renton82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift renton82 Ad-Free
9th June 2017, 10:13 AM |#10  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Some apps have permissions to draw over screen and we need to disable this permission for apps to install correctly. I had a similar issue on my previous phone where the apps were stuck at 99% installation and then just dropped off. I had to literally disable 'Screen overlay' for almost each app for play store to install correctly.

Also, If you are able to sideload apks without any issues then it may be a play store related issue.
9th June 2017, 10:15 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hiya.

I have the same issue, and have for around 1 week now. Only with PlayStore, sideloading works fine
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)