FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Red tint on the screen

206 posts
Thanks Meter: 29
 
By SptMogul, Senior Member on 20th April 2017, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I got the Red tint s8+ its worst around edges. Anyone here having the same issue?
 
 
20th April 2017, 01:00 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Sorry to hear about this on your new phone.

There is a thread about this here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...s8-s8-t3591325

Samsung have advised that using the RGB sliders within the settings may help resolve the colour imbalance. Try this perhaps? And let us know if it works for you?
20th April 2017, 01:13 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoPatato5050

Sorry to hear about this on your new phone.

There is a thread about this here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...s8-s8-t3591325

Samsung have advised that using the RGB sliders within the settings may help resolve the colour imbalance. Try this perhaps? And let us know if it works for you?

i tried the RGB sliders under settings and it helps a little but i have to move RED sliders all the way down. Something is definitely not right here.
20th April 2017, 01:15 AM |#4  
ggrant3876's Avatar
Senior Member
Wichita Falls, Texas
Thanks Meter: 473
 
More
S8 Plus, not on mine.
20th April 2017, 01:38 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrant3876

S8 Plus, not on mine.

i have s8 plus also
20th April 2017, 01:38 AM |#6  
deanesn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
My 8+ does and it's nasty. Very annoying. I'm calling tmo tomorrow. It's not noticable when you look at it straight on. When you tilt it to the left and tilt the top meaning looking from the bottom.
20th April 2017, 01:47 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 397
 
More
My screen is red, very noticeable. The slider helps, but it's only available in Adaptive mode, which isn't my preference. Pretty sure I'll be exchanging mine
20th April 2017, 01:48 AM |#8  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 5,155
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanesn

It's not noticable when you look at it straight on.

It is on phones reported to have the issue.

[/url]
20th April 2017, 02:04 AM |#9  
deanesn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

It is on phones reported to have the issue.

[/url]

You can be the judge. I've attached what my S8+ look like next to my s7 edge. I am not sure why the iphone camera makes the s7 so green but the s7 edge is perfectly normal and has the best whites.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image5.JPG
Views:	5342
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	4118802   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.JPG
Views:	5320
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	4118803   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	5258
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	4118804   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0455.JPG
Views:	4656
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	4118805  
20th April 2017, 02:17 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 320
 
More
Nasty
20th April 2017, 02:42 AM |#11  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 5,155
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanesn

You can be the judge. I've attached what my S8+ look like next to my s7 edge. I am not sure why the iphone camera makes the s7 so green but the s7 edge is perfectly normal and has the best whites.

I'm typing this on mine. Take yours back, you've got a dud.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes