By SptMogul, Senior Member on 19th April 2017, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st April 2017, 07:24 AM |#91  
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 472

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljg600

Called Samsung Premium Support about the issue (free for the first 30 days) and they lessened the pink tinting on the edges by having me start the phone in safe mode and restarting. They attributed the issue to a third party app that the safe mode process disabled. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it is worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This doesnt make sense to me... Did it fix your issue?

21st April 2017, 09:36 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
What if you're colour blind?

PS: the new screens are Deep-Red SAMOLED - so yes there will be a red emphasis no matter what
21st April 2017, 09:49 AM |#93  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Apparently it's a 3rd party software problem and they will fix it in the next OTA update
21st April 2017, 09:54 AM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I've got the dreaded red tint.

Although - putting the phone into Adaptive display and setting the red RGB slider to minimal does the trick....somewhat..
21st April 2017, 10:15 AM |#95  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Samsung going to push an update end of this month to fix this issue. It seems to be software issue rather than hardware .
http://www.gsmarena.com/update_fixin...news-24654.php
The Following User Says Thank You to gauthaml For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gauthaml Ad-Free
21st April 2017, 11:01 AM |#96  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,203

More
Here compared to my HTC 10 , you can even see that it's pinkier on the edges

21st April 2017, 11:01 AM |#97  
Flag Walsall
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljg600

Called Samsung Premium Support about the issue (free for the first 30 days) and they lessened the pink tinting on the edges by having me start the phone in safe mode and restarting. They attributed the issue to a third party app that the safe mode process disabled. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it is worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've tried this but didn't really make a difference. As I'm on three the boot screen is white, that also suffers from the red tint around the edges. So if it's software related it's down to the OS.

The *#15987* fix eliminated most of the red tint on my device, just left with an annoying red tinge around the edges now.

Hopefully this can be fixed through an update, as I'm loving the device otherwise. I'm a little dubious though!
21st April 2017, 11:59 AM |#98  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 342

More
I made a thread for S8+ here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-tint-t3593263
I also made a few threads regarding Samsung AMOLED panels in the past, you find them in the thread above.

In short: this are manufacturing "issues", depending from where in the amoled-wafer your panel has been cut out. the more from the center, the better the screen!
This issues are there since amoled exist, but this time with the S8 the differences are really huge! I got 2 S8+ devices today, one has the red tint, the other doesnt. But the one with the red tint has the better screen in other terms (more bright and "clear"). AND YES, the screen settings are identically on both devices (adaptive display turned off, same brightness, test with *#0*# to have absolutely identical setups)!

So this is fore sure hardware related, and a software could only fix some of it. From where should the "software-fix" know which device suffers from the red tint and which not?? ...
21st April 2017, 12:01 PM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
*#15987# and taking it to -6 then going to screen colour balance and turning the red down all the way eliminates most of the pink red look even on the edges but there is still some redness in the top right corner doing this.plus it's not completely eliminateed the issue.I still want a replacement there shouldn't be pink on the screen
21st April 2017, 01:14 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I've been going back and forth with Samsung on this issue for two days and some other things, told them to come to the forum and check out all the various issues being reported.
21st April 2017, 01:21 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Oh boy...
Mine arrived yesterday (S8+ Black) and it DEFINITELY has a noticeable red tint in the screen. I saw it the minute I turned it on for the first time. Specially in the left, top and right sides (strangely not in the bottom though).
Reducing the red slider improves it a little, but even at the minimum I can't help but notice that it's still reddish
I took some pictures of it to show you, but you can't really see much there. It's noticeable only in real life.

I bought it through Amazon, and I'm not really sure about what to do. Wait until Samsung gives a solution or ask Amazon for an exchange? An exchange won't ensure that the next unit has a good screen though, leaving me trapped in an return loop until I get a good one.

These kind of things pisses me of. It's probably the most expensive phone out there, and Samsung can't afford these kind of mistakes right now...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)