Red tint on the screen

203 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By SptMogul, Senior Member on 19th April 2017, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th April 2017, 11:34 AM |#351  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
So, update is live, downloaded and installed, still seem to have pink bands on both edges. I've turned the new settings down to cool, and lowered red, but it's looking like this is as good as it will get. Disappointing, but I guess I can live with it

Edit: just noticed that there is an option to deal with the edges too at the bottom of the screen. Need to charge battery to 30% to use it, so I'll report back when I've charged.

Edit 2: I take it back! The edge options worked perfectly. Screen is now totally fine on all options, including cinema and photo. Possibly a little yellow/warm, but that could just be because I've had it as blue as possible through adaptive display since I got the phone. Hope everyone else has as much luck as I did!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cocytan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cocytan Ad-Free

27th April 2017, 11:37 AM |#352  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocytan

So, update is live, downloaded and installed, still seem to have pink bands on both edges. I've turned the new settings down to cool, and lowered red, but it's looking like this is as good as it will get. Disappointing, but I guess I can live with it

What exactly changed in display settings after that update? Do you have any screenshots before and after?
27th April 2017, 11:39 AM |#353  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Edit: just noticed that there is an option to deal with the edges too at the bottom of the screen. Need to charge battery to 30% to use it, so I'll report back when I've charged.

No update on my end yet...
27th April 2017, 11:42 AM |#354  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
nothing in france

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk
27th April 2017, 11:47 AM |#355  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Nothing In Portugal
27th April 2017, 12:01 PM |#356  

More
Here are the new options. They're only able to be selected through adaptive display, but if you choose the other display options after changing the tint on the edges, the results seem to apply across all the different display options.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170427-185520.jpg
Views:	3848
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	4128597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170427-185534.jpg
Views:	3874
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	4128598  
The Following User Says Thank You to Cocytan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cocytan Ad-Free
27th April 2017, 12:05 PM |#357  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Here are the new options. They're only able to be selected through adaptive display, but if you choose the other display options after changing the tint on the edges, the results seem to apply across all the different display options.

Which Country you are at?

Are you happy with the colour of the screen after tinkering with the update?
27th April 2017, 12:09 PM |#358  

More
I'm rocking a Korean phone in China.

Yup, i am very happy. Colours maybe a touch muted, but that's good in my book. More important is screen is now pretty uniform, no more red edges! Hopefully you all get the same update shortly and it works just as well!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cocytan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cocytan Ad-Free
27th April 2017, 12:21 PM |#359  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
That's great to hear! I'm tinkering with the current settings all day long, and still don't seem to get satisfied with any setting. Using a galaxy A7 and IPhone 6 plus as comparison I get close. But the red haze persists all the time. Also I prefer amoled modes, especially for photo's. But currently it's all too red.
Anticipating this update here in the Netherlands!
27th April 2017, 12:26 PM |#360  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
S8+ on sprint here, no red tint... wonder why it happened to some of you...
27th April 2017, 12:35 PM |#361  
Thanks Meter: 364

More
No update here neither but im exchanging mine as i have terrible chip bin

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)