208 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By SptMogul, Senior Member on 19th April 2017, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th April 2017, 07:47 PM |#51  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I did a white screen test against my s6edge. I didn't notice anything on the s8 that looked strange but just wanted to test since everyone else is. My s6 is actually a little red tintish/dim but my s8 is perfect, now I can't even look at the s6's screen. I never even noticed it the last 2 years.

I was maybe going to trade in for an s8+ but now I feel lucky for getting one without issues. I'm staying where I am! Sorry to those with issues.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPr0metheus

Those who don't have the tint, can you confirm that still the screen feels more "reddish"? Especially noticable when you play around with display modes or red color balance...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

I don't notice anything at all. I'll try to post a pic against my s6edge when I get home if I have the time.

20th April 2017, 07:48 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewokuk

Yup it will be a complete lottery because this obviously isnt a small problem on a small number of devices, its worldwide. samsung will have so many sent back as faulty as people keep replacing them trying to get one that isnt faulty.

Like I said I checked around 30 display units today only 2 had perfect screens.I'm sure next week when I return my s8 plus to cfw they won't let me keep opening up boxes and boxes of s8 plus handsets untill I find a non faulty one.
20th April 2017, 08:06 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haircut123

Like I said I checked around 30 display units today only 2 had perfect screens.I'm sure next week when I return my s8 plus to cfw they won't let me keep opening up boxes and boxes of s8 plus handsets untill I find a non faulty one.

That is insane!...I hope samsung roll out an update soon or else mine is going back to t-mobile.
20th April 2017, 08:10 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haircut123

Yeah thats kinda what worries me, John Lewis will be much more clueless to the problem than a phone shop like CPW so they may just deny theres an issue at all!!

I am trying to judge whether it's fixable with a software update or whether these are pure hardware defects that really do have to have new hardware to fix properly. I am leaning towards hardware issue and manufacturing defect because the software is identical on every device, there is no reason for such a huge difference in display colours, it has never been like that on any other device so i cant see how its software. I wish it was, I could do without this hassle, and having to spend hours setting up my phone AGAIN.
20th April 2017, 08:14 PM |#55  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 604

More
This is insane !!!! How did this slip by quality control ??? I received mine yesterday and you can add me to the list with the pink tint when slightly tilting the phone when a white background is on !!!!!

Sent from my SM-T810 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
20th April 2017, 08:20 PM |#56  

More
This one review on youtube noticed the color difference even on the day of its debut. Check out her video and I cue it to the spot when she talks about it. very noticeable!

https://youtu.be/rhoyPn2_O0M?t=7m31s
The Following User Says Thank You to easyguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyguy Ad-Free
20th April 2017, 08:22 PM |#57  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyguy

This one review on youtube noticed the color difference even on the day of its debut. Check out her video and I cue it to the spot when she talks about it. very noticeable!

https://youtu.be/rhoyPn2_O0M?t=7m31s

Yeah it ISNT a new issue, someone on here had a thread about it when they spotted it on a display model the first day the were in shops after Mar 29th, and it was put down to being a display model and someone possibly messing with the display settings. It seems it wasn't, it was the exact same issue lots of people have now, 3 weeks later.
20th April 2017, 08:25 PM |#58  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewokuk

Yeah it ISNT a new issue, someone on here had a thread about it when they spotted it on a display model the first day the were in shops after Mar 29th, and it was put down to being a display model and someone possibly messing with the display settings. It seems it wasn't, it was the exact same issue lots of people have now, 3 weeks later.

I thought I can live with it, but It is very noticeable to me! Now I have to deal with t-mobile stupid return policy.
20th April 2017, 08:29 PM |#59  

More
woman in video makes it sound like its normal for AMOLED displays. How many devices have had similar AMOLED displays now? and how many have had this issue? dont think any. I wonder if Samsung is going to do something or just bury their heads in the sand for weeks and hope it goes away.
20th April 2017, 08:33 PM |#60  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 49

More
TMO are annoying me. Telling me to deal with Samsung directly and Samsung is telling send in for repair which will take at least 3 weeks.. Unacceptable on all levels. I think I am calling TMO again and telling them i want to return it. I might try my luck finding one at a store where I can check the quality before I walk out or even better I will keep my money and use my s7 edge.
20th April 2017, 08:35 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyguy

I thought I can live with it, but It is very noticeable to me! Now I have to deal with t-mobile stupid return policy.

How is there return policy?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)