208 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By SptMogul, Senior Member on 20th April 2017, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st April 2017, 05:12 AM |#81  
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 469

More
Welp, I got my S8+ and it does appear to have a red tint issue. I have an S7 Edge too, which apparently does a much better job at displaying whites. I'm not sure if this problem is actually a defect though? It seems the red tint really shows if looking at the phone from an angle where on my S7 Edge, I can look from any angle, no tint!?

What we need to know to determine if this issue is hardware or software, can people who reported no tint advise if the unit does tint when viewing from an angle?

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJG

Anyway, time will tell what the source of all of this is. I expect that when the phone launches tomorrow a LOT of people are going to consider the screen too red, and then Samsung is going to have to decide what to do - I can't imagine they (or the carriers) will be keen on mass returns...

Yea, i dont think this is a defect but its certainly make me wonder why they did this to their display?

Anyways, this problem can 95% be corrected with a fw update; if the tint can be eliminated with with a color balance adjustment, then all sammy had to do is tweak the devault values for the other presets

21st April 2017, 05:13 AM |#82  
I am getting tints on the side of the screen. around the left edge! anyone is getting that?
21st April 2017, 05:14 AM |#83  
Flag Newcastle

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteosaeed

I am getting tints on the side of the screen. around the left edge! anyone is getting that?

Yes, a little, if i reduce red completly it just about dissapears.
21st April 2017, 05:16 AM |#84  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantenna

Yes, a little, if i reduce red completly it just about dissapears.

I'll try it. I took the update from T-mobile, and I had this issue. Didn't have it before!
21st April 2017, 05:37 AM |#85  
Flag Newcastle

More
See attached, i'm not exactly sure my phone has this issue or not, the phones display is play tricks on my eyes... It is red/pink at an angle, it's certainly more pink and red than my S7 Edge, do you guys think I should return it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S8Pink.jpg
Views:	1086
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	4120299  
21st April 2017, 06:11 AM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

If you're talking about the left and right edge where the screen bends that's normal. If you look on youtube videos you will see it as well.
21st April 2017, 06:19 AM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:

I'll try it. I took the update from T-mobile, and I had this issue. Didn't have it before!

Are you sure it wasnt there before the update? Maybe now you are looking for it and not before? if it is indeed that the update changed the red tint, then an update can correct the problem.
21st April 2017, 06:55 AM |#88  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 59

More
My S8 is also completely white
21st April 2017, 07:09 AM |#89  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Got an S8 and S8+ today delivered. The S8 doesn't have the red tint, the S8+ does. I have turned down red on the S8+ and don't notice the red anymore. Comparing the display next to my S7 Edge, the S8+ has a much brighter, nicer display. My previous phone - Note 7 - had a better, brighter display than the S7E, but the S8+ is definitely better than the S7E - by a ways. I was PISSED when I turned on both phones to activate and the S8+ was red tinted. Was tempted to try to return/exchange, but good luck with that. The S8 is for my fiance', and she wouldn't even notice the red if it was on hers lol. She keeps her S5 so dim the color balance wouldn't even matter. Oh well, I will be ok as adjusting red to zero on my S8+ seems to be enough of a fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to teegunn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift teegunn Ad-Free
21st April 2017, 08:08 AM |#90  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Called Samsung Premium Support about the issue (free for the first 30 days) and they lessened the pink tinting on the edges by having me start the phone in safe mode and restarting. They attributed the issue to a third party app that the safe mode process disabled. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it is worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
21st April 2017, 08:24 AM |#91  
Flag Newcastle

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljg600

Called Samsung Premium Support about the issue (free for the first 30 days) and they lessened the pink tinting on the edges by having me start the phone in safe mode and restarting. They attributed the issue to a third party app that the safe mode process disabled. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it is worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This doesnt make sense to me... Did it fix your issue?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)