FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S8 on Android Oreo Battery Drain

51 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By R4in_, Member on 14th March 2018, 02:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I recently updated my S8 from Nougat to Oreo and I noticed a HUGE difference in battery life. I usually have a SoT of 4-5+ with heavy usage. But since the update, my battery would only last around 2 SoT more or less. I had already done a factory reset and turned off Bixby but my battery is still draining.

I've also heard some people said that the new update requires the phone to "settle" and store the cache so it can "get used to" my usage, with a minimum of 1 week (only had this update for 2 days). I'm not sure if that's true but I don't seem to have many options right now which is why I'm now open to any other suggestions and if all suggestions are done and draining still persist, I might have to roll back to Nougat. Thank you.
14th March 2018, 06:08 PM |#2  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Try disabling bixby apps. It helped to a lot of users (not me)

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
14th March 2018, 06:09 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magarto

Try disabling bixby apps. It helped to a lot of users (not me)

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I've already done that, still draining.
14th March 2018, 06:26 PM |#4  
Flag Oran
Thanks Meter: 40

More
you have to master reset, after a major update it's always good to factory reset
14th March 2018, 06:32 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-banGG

you have to master reset, after a major update it's always good to factory reset

I've already done a factory reset and a cache partition wipe. Btw sorry for not including this info in the main post.
The Following User Says Thank You to R4in_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift R4in_ Ad-Free
14th March 2018, 06:34 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Edit: I double quoted my response.
14th March 2018, 10:22 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
same 2h SOT...
15th March 2018, 06:10 AM |#8  
Flag Castries
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Found the issue turn off background activity for the phone app in setting go to apps find the phone app and turn it off. Turns back on after a reboot automatically so keep this in mind.........
15th March 2018, 08:27 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkermillitant

Found the issue turn off background activity for the phone app in setting go to apps find the phone app and turn it off. Turns back on after a reboot automatically so keep this in mind.........

What phoneapp? I looked over my apps and it doesnt exist. Can u provide screenshot?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
15th March 2018, 03:09 PM |#10  
Flag Castries

Donate to Me
More
I forgot when in the apps section in settings you got to hit the 3 dots on the top right and select show system apps then scroll down to the phone app the select then battery then disable allow background activity.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180315-090411_Settings.jpg
Views:	2994
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	4447914  
22nd March 2018, 10:06 PM |#11  

More
S8 Oreo Battery Drain
Good Afternoon,

The 3 phone services to disable the background activity has worked a bit but my battery is still draining pretty good... is there any other services I can check to see if the background activity is being used somewhere else?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, battery drain, battery problem, sot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)