FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S8 Internet connection may not be available issue

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By bbersk, Junior Member on 23rd April 2017, 06:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just got the S8 and I have 3 Wi-Fi access points at home to cover the whole house. My S8 has been registered with the passwords for all of the APs but it continually rejects the connections with an exclamation mark after the WiFi icon having connected and then shown a message that the Internet connection may not be available. The Internet connection is available as other devices are connected and using it perfectly. If I switch the Wi-Fi on and off and reboot the S8 the issue corrects itself but I should not have to go through that nonsense every time I come home and want to use my Wi-Fi. I have explored the advanced options on the connection settings and they appear to be quite limited (DHCP Etc). Is there some way to solve this issue? I have no problem with other android devices connecting to the same hotspots. Any ideas that might lead to a solution would be appreciated.

23rd April 2017, 07:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbersk

Just got the S8 and I have 3 Wi-Fi access points at home to cover the whole house. My S8 has been registered with the passwords for all of the APs but it continually rejects the connections with an exclamation mark after the WiFi icon having connected and then shown a message that the Internet connection may not be available. The Internet connection is available as other devices are connected and using it perfectly. If I switch the Wi-Fi on and off and reboot the S8 the issue corrects itself but I should not have to go through that nonsense every time I come home and want to use my Wi-Fi. I have explored the advanced options on the connection settings and they appear to be quite limited (DHCP Etc). Is there some way to solve this issue? I have no problem with other android devices connecting to the same hotspots. Any ideas that might lead to a solution would be appreciated.

I had this problem when i first got my s8 from vodafone but when i got this latest update it's been good no issues with internet anymore.
27th April 2017, 08:53 PM |#3  

More
I have this problem as well with my S8 from Verizon. Worked flawlessly for a week and them today I get this error. Very frustrating. I know the SMG955U from Verizon is already unlocked but is there any way to put the International ROM on the phone seeing that the Verizon and the International are the same?

I've tried all the resets etc and the WiFi connects but I get the 'Internet connection may not be available' message.
28th April 2017, 08:08 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Update 27/04/2017
Thanks for the reply. My S8 developed some interesting issues including the switching on of 'do not disturb' mode intermittently and along with the Wi-Fi issue the mobile data was failing in areas where a full 4G signal was present. Rebooting, resetting etc did not resolve the issue and I returned the phone to CPW for advice. The staff at the Glasgow store wasted no time and exchanged it on the spot after some negotiation with their technical service centre. Full marks to CPW for the prompt service and I can report that all of the previous issues have now been resolved with the replacement handset. I thought it worthwhile to post this information so that others who experience similar issues may be able to get a similar resolution.
28th April 2017, 08:54 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Poor WIFI performance
I also have issues with the wifi of the phone, /i will get the terminal replace some time today or next week.

1. WIFI keeps disconnecting, actually it's flapping connct&disconnect for 5-10 min until it finally connects, on this matter I have seen on the acces point that it tried to allocate an ip from an unknown without asking DHCP server for an IP renew it actually tries to alocate itself the last known ip, and clearly disconnects because of lack of internet access, this happens normally as power saving mode is on, disabeling power saving and assigning a static ip on the phone seems to resolve the issue.

2. poor wifi signal... no fix for this thus far
- i have 580Mbps speed connection on my S5 and only 120-240Mbps on my S8, steaming not working and connection in general very bad, time ots and stuf, although I position myself at 10cm away from the wifi router antenas i only get 540Mbps signal, although I have an AC1750 router , s5 gets 840 in the same spot... I think the modem(that is part of the Exynos chipset) does not work wekll with Atheros based AP´s , I have an Archer C7 with 2.4ghz QCA9558 chipset capable of 450 Mbps theoretical speed, but only uses 2 antenas as s8 only has 2 from my knowledge and reaches a max of 140Mbps(should of connected at 300Mbps at 10cm in theory ) with the s8 and QCA9880-BR4A on the 5ghz side of things with a theoretical speed of 1300Mbps should work at 866 with the S8 because of the 2 antenas of the S8.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10cm.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	4129831   Click image for larger version

Name:	10m.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	4129832   Click image for larger version

Name:	10m-2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	4129833  
2nd May 2017, 07:13 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
phone changed 90% of problems fixed
Hello, just got my phone replaced, tha new unit has way better wifi signal considering I hace atheros router and the phone has broadcom 43xx chipset... worth considerign changing to a broadcom router...
5th May 2017, 04:43 PM |#7  

More
Hi,
I have found a solution to this problem.

1. GO to wifi settings
2. Forget the wifi network
3. CONNECT AGAIN BUT BEFORE CONNECTING GO TO ADVANCED OPTIONS AND CHOOSE STATIC INSTEAD OF AUtOMATIC. Enter in the ip address etc and connect.( It requires to be entered manually) Problem will be solved.
5th May 2017, 07:47 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Hi,
I have found a solution to this problem.

1. GO to wifi settings
2. Forget the wifi network
3. CONNECT AGAIN BUT BEFORE CONNECTING GO TO ADVANCED OPTIONS AND CHOOSE STATIC INSTEAD OF AUtOMATIC. Enter in the ip address etc and connect. Problem will be solved.
5th May 2017, 09:03 PM |#9  
Flag Lipomo (CO)
Thanks Meter: 35

More
@Saurav913 doesn't work your tip,but my wifi drop too much especially in stanby (set it on always option) and till I wake up my phone i don't have wifi again with router Vodafone revolution..
20th May 2017, 02:24 AM |#10  

More
Change the DNS...
Hi there..

I had just the same problem with s8 plus and s7 edge(after updating to android 7.0), it kept saying "internet may not be available", I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and tue problem solved. Go to SETTINGS》WIFI》SSID》MANGE NETWORK》change the IP SETTINGS to STATIC》then change the DNS1 to 8.8.8.8 hit save and you are good to go.

Sorry if there are any mistakes. I am new to XDA and not good in english.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote:

Hi there..

I had just the same problem with s8 plus and s7 edge(after updating to android 7.0), it kept saying "internet may not be available", I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and tue problem solved. Go to SETTINGS》WIFI》SSID》MANGE NETWORK》change the IP SETTINGS to STATIC》then change the DNS1 to 8.8.8.8 hit save and you are good to go.

Sorry if there are any mistakes. I am new to XDA and not good in english.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)