FORUMS

Samsung S8 randomly restart and will not turn on

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By SamsungJB, Junior Member on 5th July 2018, 08:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since days ago, my s8 has been randomly restarting throughout the day. Yesterday it started going off and will not turn on unless I do force restart (Vol down + Pwr). I have tried restarting in Safe mode, Clearing cache Partition and I even did a total factory reset.

This morning the Iris sensor even stopped working. Please what do I do?
5th July 2018, 09:24 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungJB

Since days ago, my s8 has been randomly restarting throughout the day. Yesterday it started going off and will not turn on unless I do force restart (Vol down + Pwr). I have tried restarting in Safe mode, Clearing cache Partition and I even did a total factory reset.

This morning the Iris sensor even stopped working. Please what do I do?

Try giving your phone an update via odin.
5th July 2018, 02:29 PM |#3  
jco23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 639
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungJB

Since days ago, my s8 has been randomly restarting throughout the day. Yesterday it started going off and will not turn on unless I do force restart (Vol down + Pwr). I have tried restarting in Safe mode, Clearing cache Partition and I even did a total factory reset.

This morning the Iris sensor even stopped working. Please what do I do?

from my prior experience (have not had this happened to me on this device - yet), but this typically has occurred when the RAM gets overloaded. this can be caused when you have too many applications running at once (background syncing, notifications, etc.).

i'd suggest installing greenify - as that helps hibernate some of those apps that tend to constantly run when you don't need it. also, try going to settings -> device maintenance and pressing the "optimize now" button - that should help clear some of the noise.

good luck.
5th July 2018, 03:12 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco23

from my prior experience (have not had this happened to me on this device - yet), but this typically has occurred when the RAM gets overloaded. this can be caused when you have too many applications running at once (background syncing, notifications, etc.).

i'd suggest installing greenify - as that helps hibernate some of those apps that tend to constantly run when you don't need it. also, try going to settings -> device maintenance and pressing the "optimize now" button - that should help clear some of the noise.

good luck.

I just tried installing Greenify. I am really not a heavy phone user. Just whatsapp, mails and browsing on chrome 90% of the time. The phone just restarted on its own again now.
5th July 2018, 07:30 PM |#5  
jco23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 639
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungJB

I just tried installing Greenify. I am really not a heavy phone user. Just whatsapp, mails and browsing on chrome 90% of the time. The phone just restarted on its own again now.

are you showing any notifications prior to it rebooting? sometimes the phone will do that if there is a software update.

go to the settings -> system updates -> check for system updates (do this while on WiFi)

if there is a new update, it's probably rebooting.

not sure if your phone is rooted, but if so, then it won't be able to make those updates. if not rooted (which is what i suspect), then it should take.

if no updates, then I would examine which apps are running in the background by going back to the Device Maintenance setting.
7th July 2018, 05:59 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungJB

Since days ago, my s8 has been randomly restarting throughout the day. Yesterday it started going off and will not turn on unless I do force restart (Vol down + Pwr). I have tried restarting in Safe mode, Clearing cache Partition and I even did a total factory reset.

This morning the Iris sensor even stopped working. Please what do I do?

Sad to hear this. Some pointers if it could help you.
- Do you know what is the last operation you did just before this problem started ? Was it an update ?
- Does the restart become less frequent after you wipe the cache ?
- Is it heating up just before the restart happens ?
- Dial *#0*# .. and check for IRIS Scanner and other sensors and see if all is ok.
If you are on warranty, Take it to the service center ASAP.

Regarding Updates, Please do it only via Smart Switch
OR
Take it to the service center and ask them to update it. They should charge you a mere 4$ equivalent if not in warranty
9th July 2018, 12:05 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi guys,

A very similar problem happened to me. Thursday morning my phone restarted itself and got stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S8 boot screen. Despite holding bixby, volume up and power it won't boot into recovery mode. I can get it into download mode but despite following some guides on here I was unsuccessful at attempting to update/re-flash through Odin. It failed each time.

I'm about resigned to taking it into the Samsung store but wondered if you guys would have any further advice? FRP and OEM lock are on, unfortunately I'm not sure how to turn them off when the phone wont boot.

Kind regards,
Daz
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes