FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unreliable Notifications

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By Archie_Slap, Member on 8th November 2019, 09:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
For the last few months I've been missing a lot of notifications on my S8 that previously worked flawlessly, both before and after I updated to Pie back in January.

Some apps like discord, Messenger and Snapchat need to be opened to check for new messages. If they aren't, a message notification can take anywhere between 10 minutes to a couple of hours to come through.

For each app I'm getting this problem with I've made sure that I've done the following:

- set the app to be not optimised in battery settings
- set the app to be allowed to run in the background in battery settings
- set the app to not be checked in memory in device care
- verified that no power saving mode is on

I've also done a complete factory reset of my phone and that didn't solve the issue.

I've noticed that in my battery usage monitor the apps I'm having problems with have no background usage at all. I have no problems with WhatsApp and it has hours of background usage each day but discord has 0m of background usage.

This leads me to believe the S8 is killing the app in the background. When I'm actively using the app (it's open or has only been in the background for a minute) it seems to work fine. But after a little while I'll stop getting notifications and when I open the app from my recents screen I see the splash screen as though I'm opening it for the first time and then after a few seconds I get the notifications from the last few hours.

I haven't been able to find any other settings that could be killing an app in the background that is both not battery optimised and not memory checked.

Any other people with this issue or know of a solution?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)