FORUMS

Wifi disconnects and reconnects constantly

401 posts
Thanks Meter: 162

By PiCkLeS, Senior Member on 20th April 2017, 02:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

just had the phone for an hour and almost right away after first setup the wifi radio disconnects/turns off and re-connects/turns on automatically every 20 seconds or so. No matter wich network I try.

Working fine with my S7 Edge laying here beside me, never had problems. I have three different networks around me I can try out.

Anyone had the same problem? I can find som info about this exact issue for the S7 Edge for some, but no solution from that works on the S8..

N
20th April 2017, 02:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
this is an old problem S7 had
you need to toogle in settings > connectivity > wifi > advance > smart network swithc OFF

i think this was - but dont remember well since it was a while ago - but basically you need to turn off the option of phone switching between phone and wifi data
The Following User Says Thank You to tim2london For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tim2london Ad-Free
21st April 2017, 03:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Having the exact same problem with my Ubiquity wifi network (ie, not some janky cable company router) with my just-booted up S8. Smart switch was off by default, and after switching it 'on' and back 'off', no change.

This was the first thread I found on the topic, will update with any solutions.
21st April 2017, 04:27 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrjjordan

Having the exact same problem with my Ubiquity wifi network (ie, not some janky cable company router) with my just-booted up S8. Smart switch was off by default, and after switching it 'on' and back 'off', no change.

This was the first thread I found on the topic, will update with any solutions.

Make sure hotspot2.0 is off

Sent from my SM-G950U using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170420-193847.png
Views:	2582
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	4120290  
21st April 2017, 06:21 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoTillIdIE

Sent from my SM-G950U using XDA Labs

Yup, Hotspot 2.0 is off for me. I've restarted the phone and the wifi access point, and my Note 5 and S7 are working fine lol. Super weird!
21st April 2017, 06:24 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kristianstad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoTillIdIE

Many of those switches doesn't exist in my s8.

Incl hotspot.
21st April 2017, 08:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles76

Hi,

just had the phone for an hour and almost right away after first setup the wifi radio disconnects/turns off and re-connects/turns on automatically every 20 seconds or so. No matter wich network I try.

Working fine with my S7 Edge laying here beside me, never had problems. I have three different networks around me I can try out.

Anyone had the same problem? I can find som info about this exact issue for the S7 Edge for some, but no solution from that works on the S8..

N

Probably means you have virgin broadband like me 😂
21st April 2017, 09:16 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kristianstad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccy31

Probably means you have virgin broadband like me 😂

Well I'm in Sweden and have no operator dependence. Neither for mobile or my home network (fiber connection owned by me).

This sucks though... I want this resolved
21st April 2017, 01:13 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

Well I'm in Sweden and have no operator dependence. Neither for mobile or my home network (fiber connection owned by me).

This sucks though... I want this resolved

Try downloading wifi analysis app and see what it's picking up. Maybe you could try changing your wifi channel if it looks low?
21st April 2017, 01:15 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kristianstad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccy31

Try downloading wifi analysis app and see what it's picking up. Maybe you could try changing your wifi channel if it looks low?

No this has nothing to do with the routers or access points. I am 3 meters from the AP, its at 100% signal rate etcetera..

This has to do with Samsung and the software.
21st April 2017, 01:45 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

No this has nothing to do with the routers or access points. I am 3 meters from the AP, its at 100% signal rate etcetera..

This has to do with Samsung and the software.

Download the wifi analysis app and see what the phone picks up.

Also in wifi settings on phone disable sleep mode and put to always on!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)