FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Is wireless charging good for your battery?

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 134

By AB__CD, Senior Member on 12th May 2017, 03:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th May 2017, 10:58 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
The fan in the authentic Samsung Desktop charger only activates if fast wireless charging is turned on in the phone.
The fan is to cool the phone.

I use the Samsung desktop stand but usually just normal charge it to which apart from typical heat being discharged I've not experienced any other issue.
I do not use a case.

There is opinion that constantly using Fast Charging can reduce the batteries condition over time. Wether you believe this is personal opinion. I've only Fast charged maybe 2-3 times if I've needed a quick boost of juice.

15th May 2017, 05:17 PM |#12  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I noticed this too when I put my new S8+ on the wireless charger built into my truck. This was the first time I tried it so I wasn't sure if the phone getting hot was a normal thing or not
22nd March 2018, 02:29 PM |#13  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark5tar

I too had this question back when I bought my Wireless Charger for my S7. Interesting to get more feedback from the others. E.g. Does it shorten the battery life quicker considering it heats up the battery more than on cable.

Hi, the phone can handle it if it gets too hot during wireless charging.

Always be assured since that the electric current of wireless charging is 1A, which is lower than the current for wired charging 1.6A. That's to say, it creates less heat while charging. So actually the wireless charging helps prolong the longevity of your lithium-ion battery, except for the longer charging time.

Besides, only semiconductors that flow through current could produce heat (such as your phone's cover), the lithium-ion battery doesn't have current go through, so it's safe from the heat.
22nd March 2018, 03:57 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
I only wireless charge in my car. My dash mount is setup for during the warmer months I will have the the AC it vent blowing cool air directly on the back of the phone. If I don't do this, I get the wireless charging pause error caused by the heat sensors.
8th April 2018, 07:58 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB__CD

The thing causes my S8 to heat up, even when I turn off the fast option, more so than fast wired charging. Is it really good for my battery health when the phone is heating up for the entire two or three hours on the charger?

Fear not, the phone battery doesn't generate heat itself, the smartphone is actually smart enough to protect itself from the heating generated by the wireless charging unless you put it under the extreme heating weather, so the phone should be safe from the heat.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)