FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Video Review Win A Trip

*Discussion* Oreo Final

1,159 posts
Thanks Meter: 338

By cyberon, Senior Member on 8th February 2018, 01:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
WARNIG: Samsung has pulled CRAP build from their servers and stopped the OTA, proceed at your own risk.

Update from Samsung:
"Following a limited number of cases where Galaxy S8 and S8+ devices have rebooted unexpectedly with the Android 8.0 Oreo, we have temporarily stopped the rollout of the update. We are investigating the issue internally to ensure that the impact to the affected devices is minimized and the rollout of the update can resume as quickly as possible."

Holy "CRAP", Oreo was finally released to the S8, lets talk about the good, the bad and the ugly...

Exynos G950F (also G950FD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefds

Direct upgrade from AQL5 (Nougat) to CRAP (Official Oreo) for G950F Only:
Step #1 - Flash official AQL5 with odin
Step #2 - Copy AQL5 to CRAP update.zip to external sd card - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939818342
Step #3 - Flash via stock recovery

Coming from Oreo Beta 6 (ZRA5):
Step #1 - Copy ZRA5 to CRAP update.zip to external sd card - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939818338
Step #2 - Flash via stock recovery

Exynos G955F
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhayouBaka

SM-G955F CRAP update.zip:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S-...K8n5L-kUiA_WS3

How to install update.zip:
1. You must be on ZRA5, stock, no root. If you are on AQL5, you can flash this to update to ZRA5: https://mega.nz/#!3M9hATZB!9uzxvZvFJ...cbllrVfEwR9WuQ
2. Copy the update.zip to microSD
3. Reboot to recovery
4. Install update.zip from SD card
5. Enjoy!

Guide to flash update.zip:

(I have no idea who created it but all credits to him/her).

- Put in on your SD card (it's needed here) - Reboot the phone to recovery mode - switch the phone off, press Vol+ + Bixby + Power, release power when you see the splash screen but keep holding the rest. Blue screen will appear, when you see an Android on it's side and a warning sign hold Vol- button for a few seconds, you will see recovery screen with a few options.

- Using volume buttons select "Apply update from SD Card" and press Power to select option

- Select update.zip you placed on the card and press Power

- Wait until the phone completes the update. It will reboot automatically.

** Alternatively, if you don't have a free SD card you can use ADB sideload.

- Get Android platform tools: https://developer.android.com/studio...orm-tools.html and Google USB driver: https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb.html

- Copy update.zip to the folder where you extracted platform tools (again, shortest path possible recommended)

- Reboot phone to recovery as described above, select the option "Apply update from ADB", connect the phone to PC, open command prompt that has the directory with the update.zip and adb selected

- run "adb devices" command (without quotes) and check that the phone shows up there

- run "adb sideload update.zip" command. Update will be uploaded to the phone and applied

- Wait until the phone completes the update. It will reboot automatically.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180208-122403_Settings.jpg
Views:	7926
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	4413252  
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to cyberon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyberon Ad-Free

8th February 2018, 01:31 PM |#2  
Flag www.noufalzblog.blogspot.com
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Already installed from oreo beta 6 to official orea.. Everything fine.. I dont see new feature on official orea CRAP..
The Following User Says Thank You to noufalz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noufalz Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 01:33 PM |#3  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 364

More
There won't be many differences from the beta to the final, a few extra things here and there and better stability. I'm on beta 6 UK, waiting for it drop here.
The Following User Says Thank You to sofir786 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sofir786 Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 02:27 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Same model. Didn't get it yet.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Pablo1107 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pablo1107 Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 02:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is it possible to download oreo and install it thru odin? For an European S8. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to tharghan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tharghan Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 03:16 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharghan

Is it possible to download oreo and install it thru odin? For an European S8. Thanks!

Only through stock recovery atm.
The Following User Says Thank You to cyberon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyberon Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 03:19 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
They really named it "CRAP" ?

BTW I'm on beta 6 and no update available for me in Western Europe
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ezekiel3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ezekiel3 Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 03:29 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks, can you give instructions on how to flash through stock recovery?
i only know how to flash through TWRP

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to gilad215 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gilad215 Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 03:33 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilad215

Thanks, can you give instructions on how to flash through stock recovery?
i only know how to flash through TWRP

Thanks!

Check the OP. 🙂
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cyberon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyberon Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 03:38 PM |#10  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 91

Donate to Me
More
Great. Finally Oreo has come
The Following User Says Thank You to pramyhoga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pramyhoga Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 03:47 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can i find when will i be having it anywhere?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)