THIS is what the Galaxy S8 should have been - (Design Render)

Search This thread

HzMeister

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
As much as I like the S8, there are a few minor things that keep it from being great. Here's a quick mock up of what I think would have been the perfect S8:
LJotqPF.jpg

Better fingerprint sensor location
Power/volume buttons on one side, no bixby
16:9 5.1" screen

Obviously it doesn't matter what any of us think, but imo it would be nice if someone (google) were to make something like this. Anyone agree?

axaman943

Sep 6, 2016
Lugano
As much as I like the S8, there are a few minor things that keep it from being great. Here's a quick mock up of what I think would have been the perfect S8:
LJotqPF.jpg

Obviously it doesn't matter what any of us think, but imo it would be nice if someone (google) were to make something like this. Anyone agree?

right on man!:good:

Reactions: HzMeister

dmcgrath009

Mar 6, 2010
D.C.
nobody seams to understand why the finger print sensor is where it is....... the battery would have to be thinner or shorter... this location maximizes your battery size... so deal with it

Reactions: mixsta7

jkao42

Feb 4, 2011
nobody seams to understand why the finger print sensor is where it is....... the battery would have to be thinner or shorter... this location maximizes your battery size... so deal with it

I think the placement of the finger print sensor was mainly because they failed to achieve what they originally wanted which was a fingerprint sensor on the front display. Rather than delay the launch, they put it in an area that made the most sense without having to redesign. It's not the ideal location, but it's not terrible either.

OP I like the design. Switching from the Nexus 6, the side buttons would be great. As for the aspect ratio, I'm starting to like the S8 being more narrow, makes it feel like the phone isn't quite as big as it is while still having a lot of screen real estate. Well done though, if that was the actual S8 I would definitely have gotten it as well.

snick8467

May 16, 2008
Plano,Tx
Finger print location isn't bad. If you hold your hand out like you are using samsung pay its great positioning.

I think most are complaining because they are In the habit of where the scanner it. Need to accept and use the new location to form new habit.

Syn Ack

Jan 20, 2011
Atlanta
I'm not so sure decreasing the 18.5:9 to 16:9 would make it go all the way down to a 5.1" screen. Maybe 5.4". But I wholeheartedly agree with all of this

Someone did something similar with the Pixel. I would've bought it if it looked like this.

wawmq3y.png

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
STEREO SPEAKERS FOR THE WIN

You left off the front facing stereo speakers. See. ZTE Axon 7 for reference.
Every thread you come in with that ZTE Axon 7 and stereo speakers. Let it die already.

Nope. I will not. In fact reviewers agree with me. One of the complaint reviewers have had about the otherwise mostly excellent S8 is Samsung's puzzling decision for mono speaker. They own Harman Kardon!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/04/22/samsung-galaxy-s8-review/#6425a0d73e5e
Cons: Badly positioned volume controls, idiotically positioned fingerprint sensor, pointless Bixby button and a meek mono speaker
http://mashable.com/2017/03/31/samsung-galaxy-s8-specs-compromise/
The phone only has a mono speaker
http://www.iretron.com/blog/posts/samsung-galaxy-s8-my-first-full-day/
I am disappointed that there are no stereo speakers,

And not only a complaint within a review, that's ACTUALLY the TITLE of an article...

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-stereo-speakers-761093/
Is Samsung ever going to put stereo speakers on a flagship?
Is Samsung ever going to put stereo speakers on a flagship?

But stereo speakers aren’t an under-utilized talisman for the vocal minority. Stereo speakers are the way we should hear audio from our smartphones. Heck, stereo is the way we should hear audio from any source. But Samsung’s continued resistance to putting stereo speakers on a flagship phone seems more ingrained than even the company’s love of bloatware.

I will continue to bring attention to such a design deficit. It's a great feature that even the Moto Nexus 6 also had. All top tier phones should have stereo speakers, especially if we are paying this much money.

It's just ZTE did it best and for least money, and most recently -- with a BMW-designed frame at that. Other manufacturers should follow that example. Google did it before and should do it AGAIN.

Last edited:
Reactions: 954wrecker

HzMeister

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
IMO a single high quality front facing speaker that handles all the sound output of the phone is the best compromise. Phone speakers will never sound good so two mediocre speakers that take up valuable space won't sound better, just slightly louder - plus that leaves room for more battery capacity - and things like the headphone jack...

Finger print location isn't bad. If you hold your hand out like you are using samsung pay its great positioning.
I think most are complaining because they are In the habit of where the scanner it. Need to accept and use the new location to form new habit.
Most people are coming from older galaxies and iphones so they don't have a habit of using a rear sensor. They are complaining because it's in a horrible place and even with muscle memory you have to strain to reach it and avoid not smudging the camera. You can "accept it" - I'll keep my dignity, thanks.

I'm not so sure decreasing the 18.5:9 to 16:9 would make it go all the way down to a 5.1" screen. Maybe 5.4". But I wholeheartedly agree with all of this

Someone did something similar with the Pixel. I would've bought it if it looked like this.
wawmq3y.png
Damn that's a nice design - I actually like it more than my samsung concept and hope the pixel 2 is half as good. Only thing I don't like is the tall screen. Tall aspect ratios turn one handed phones into two handed ones without the benefits of an actually bigger screen.

I thought about the screen size and 5.1" is doable. The s8 is so tall that it's like an optical illusion making you think it's bigger than it is. In reality the s7 and s8 are the same width so imagine the s7 with the top and bottom bezels cut in half. Kind of like this:
NcHM3Ci.jpg

Looks like a 2013 LG G2, doesn't it? That phone really was way ahead of its time...

Termynat0r

Jan 20, 2015
Germany
I don't know why people need such speakers on a phone.

They sound ****ty nevertheless and won't be used for any music consumption unless you are one of those ghetto kids who has his cellphone on blast in public transport.

The speaker is simply there to make "rinring" in case someone calles and even this is disabled my most people because it's too intrusive compared to a vibration feedback.

Speakers need space to work and I can see better usage of that space instead of putting stereo speakers in a cellphone. Really you can't even fit some decent speakers in there because they need so much room. Ever seen a subwoofer? You won't but that thing in a cellphone because it's 95% empty space inside there.

Use some headphones or connect the phone to your living room system for gods sake

Reactions: techguyone

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
First I will agree with you, then I'll disagree with you. ;)

Damn that's a nice design - I actually like it more than my samsung concept and hope the pixel 2 is half as good. Only thing I don't like is the tall screen. Tall aspect ratios turn one handed phones into two handed ones without the benefits of an actually bigger screen.

I thought about the screen size and 5.1" is doable. The s8 is so tall that it's like an optical illusion making you think it's bigger than it is. In reality the s7 and s8 are the same width so imagine the s7 with the top and bottom bezels cut in half. Kind of like this:
NcHM3Ci.jpg

Looks like a 2013 LG G2, doesn't it? That phone really was way ahead of its time...

Yes, the LG G2 was ahead of it's time. And I'll give you specific proof via Motorola laughable efforts during that same time...

The 2013 LG G2 was the first Android with 1080p and rear camera OIS, and why the LG Nexus 5 was based on the LG G2 instead of any Motorola designs that year, even though Google owned Motorola. Whenever I compare phones or critique phones, it's usually based on hardware specs. "Software" is more opinion based. I have my opinions on software, there are things I like, love or hate -- but hardware doesn't lie. At the time, Motorola was NOT a top tier hardware/design manufacturer.

Within ONE week of each other Motorola and LG released their 2013 flagship phones (August 1 and August 7). Motorola released the 2013 Moto X and LG released the 2013 LG G2. The 2013 Moto X HARDWARE was an excellent clone of the 2012 LG Optimus G (G1)/LG Nexus 4: 4.7", 720p, 2GB RAM -- with not even Snapdragon 8XXX chipset. Both the 2012 LG and the 2013 Moto X used Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro. Seriously, for HARDWARE SPECS they just copied LG's Nexus phone from the previous year. The 2012 LG actually had 768p resolution and 13MP camera vs. the 2013 Moto X 720p and 10MP camera.

But when you compare the specs of the two 2013 "flagship" phones to each other, the Motorola is clearly a mid-tier design.

2013 LG G2 vs 2013 Motorola Moto X
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-G2,Motorola-Moto-X/phones/7969,7885?ft=2

The 2013 LG G2 was cutting edge specs. 5.2" 1080p, Snapdragon 800, 2GB RAM, rear camera OIS. And the 2013 LG Nexus 5 was based on that design -- just a little smaller (4.95"), so it wouldn't be an exact clone. LG had run into problems with that the previous year, where the LG Nexus 4 was an almost exact copy of the LG Optimus G (G1). Why would people pay $600 or more for the LG Optimus when they could get the LG Nexus 4 for almost half the price through Google? So, for the 2013 LG Nexus 5, they tried to differentiate their flagship from the Nexus phone through display size.

Then in 2014, the 2014 Moto X (gen2) was an excellent copy of the 2013 LG G2, but otherwise not exceptional specs. Yeah, Motorola did it again. Just copied LG's previous year flagship phone: 5.2", 1080p, 2GB RAM, only updating it with a slightly newer Snapdragon 801 chipset than LG had used, the Snapdragon 800. OK, it did have stereo speakers to improve on the LG G2...

Whereas, at the same time LG was introducing the 2014 LG G3 -- with 1440p, 3GB RAM, and laser-focused rear camera. LG was again moving to the next level of hardware specs while Motorola was looking to the past.

2014 LG G3 vs 2014 Motorola Moto X (gen2)
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-G3,Motorola-Moto-X-2014/phones/8347,8897?ft=2

But REALLY, you should be comparing the 2014 Moto X to the EXCELLENT 2013 LG G2! Motorola couldn't even make a copy as good as the LG G2! And they had a YEAR to copy and paste. :rolleyes: For instance, Motorola put in a puny 2300 mAh battery, while LG had put in a 3000 mAh battery into the 2013 LG G2. Both 5.2", 1080p, 2GB RAM. What, is 3000 mAh too big? :rolleyes:

2014 Moto X vs 2013 LG G2
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Motorola-Moto-X-2014,LG-G2/phones/8897,7969?ft=2

* LATE 2014
Only with the late 2014 5.95" Shamu (Moto Nexus 6) and 5.2" Quark (Droid Turbo, Moto Turbo, Moto Maxx) phones did Motorola finally join the ranks of top tier manufacturers like Samsung and LG. 1440p AMOLED, 3GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, turbo charging (Quick Charge 2.0), Qi wireless charging. The larger phone had stereo speakers and rear camera OIS, not sure why Motorola left them off the smaller phone. The smaller 5.2" Quark had 21MP camera and 3900 mAh battery. Yes, the SMALLER phone had a LARGER battery. Because Google always skimped on their Nexus batteries for some strange reason. :rolleyes:

(I haven't updated the OS specs below, it's still on the the last versions when I used this comparison, but the hardware specs have not changed on the two phones.)

Nexus-6-vs-Motorola-Moto-Max-Size-Is-Not-the-Only-Differentiator-464414-2_zpshiszw6wl.jpg

MOTO%20MAXX%20VS%20NEXUS%206_zpsh07k82ca.png

I bought THREE of the Moto Maxx XT1225 phones. It was basically the 5.2" version of the Moto Nexus 6.

How do you fit a 3900 mAh battery into a 5.2" display phone? Easy. You just put it in. See that's the FALLACY I am going to bash you on in the next point. :p There's ALWAYS ROOM for what you want to put into a phone. ALWAYS.

And I'll explain in my next point...

IMO a single high quality front facing speaker that handles all the sound output of the phone is the best compromise. Phone speakers will never sound good so two mediocre speakers that take up valuable space won't sound better, just slightly louder - plus that leaves room for more battery capacity - and things like the headphone jack...

1) Then why didn't Samsung put in a a single high quality front facing speaker? Instead they put in a bottom firing speaker. You don't even know the speaker Samsung has on their S8/S8+. :confused:

galaxy-s8-plus-black-1.jpg

What you think is the "speaker" is the earpiece to listen to phone calls.

2) But, let's pretend Samsung did put in a "a single high quality front facing speaker".

Why would you use "a single high quality front facing speaker" but then inexplicably downgrade to " two mediocre speakers" for stereo? Oh, here's a solution! How about TWO of those " single high quality front facing speaker" -- that way you would have TWO high quality front facing stereo speakers! You already have them on hand, yes? (In your scenario.)

Glad to be of help! ;) Wow, that was VERY hard to figure out.

Oh, and maybe you could buy a STEREO MANUFACTURER with expertise to help out your obviously incompetent engineers who you think would try to put in " two mediocre speakers" . Maybe Samsung should buy Harman Kardon? Oh, they already have! Again, glad to be of help!

Samsung's own press release of the ownership tranfer shows MOBILE as a reason to buy Harmon Kardon:
HARMAN_main-2.jpg

plus that leaves room for more battery capacity - and things like the headphone jack...

MORE ROOM FALLACY

Oh, please. The "more room" fallacy. Let's put this to rest once and for all. It's the equivalent of politicians under investigation who resign to "spend more time with their families". That's not the real reason, it's just the only excuse they can come up with that sounds acceptable to people who don't know any better.

Apple said they ditched the iPhone headphone jack for "more" room. NO, they wanted to sell their massively expensive bluetooth wireless earbuds.

Motorola ditched the headphone jack last year for their 2014 5.5" Moto Z Force phone (June 2016), allegedly for the same reason "more room"...

Yet they included the headphone jack in their 2014 5.5" Moto Z Play (August 2016) released later in the same year. Oh, and GUESS WHAT? The Moto Z Play had a slightly larger battery (3510 mAh) than the Moto Z Force (3500 mAh). That's right -- the phone WITH the headset jack even has a bigger battery.

moto%20z%20force-play_zpsscrzv9ld.png

So, more room for WHAT? The dimensions are almost identical. I see .02 mm and .03mm difference -- that's HUNDREDTH OF MILLIMETERS -- for a larger battery AND a headset jack.

And Motorola now admits they LIED. Apple will never admit that, but Motorola is admitting that... because in the upcoming 2017 Moto Z2 Force -- GUESS WHAT? -- they are ADDING BACK the headset jack. ;) Yes, after ditching the headset jack for their flagship phone in 2016, Motorola is bringing it back.

And I'm pretty sure it will also have the same standard components of most 2nd half 2017 flagship phone -- 1440p, Snapdragon 835, 64/128GB internal memory, 4/6GB RAM, microSD card, blah, blah, blah.

Manufacturers have included headphone jacks, larger batteries, whatever they want in past years. Headphone jacks have NOT grown in size.
Internal electronic components have only shrunk in size. RAM, internal storage, CPU chipsets get SMALLER each year.

If a manufacturer claims they are ditching headset jacks or microSD cards for "more room" they are LYING or their engineers are INCOMPETENT. In Apple's case they are lying.

Now, go back to my 2014 Moto XT1225. 5.2" 1440p AMOLED and a 3900 mAh battery. I own three of these phones. Was released as the Droid Turbo XT1254/Moto Turbo XT1225/Moto Maxx XT1225/Moto Maxx XT1250. All had 3900 mAh battery.

How did Motorola put a 3900 mAh battery into this 5.2" phone? They just did. At the time, they said people were worried about battery life and putting in a bigger battery was addressing that issue. Read that again. People are NOT demanding credit card thin phones. People want bigger batteries. So, it makes the phone a hair thicker. So what. It just makes it easier to hold in your hand!

Here's the difference between a 5.2" phone with a 3900 mAh battery and 5.2" phone with 2300 mAh battery. The only thing wrong with the 3900 mAh battery phone is Motorola should have lost the capacitive buttons on the Quark phones and instead included the front facing stereo speakers they put on the 2014 Moto X. I don't understand why they didn't do that.

hqdefault.jpg

5.2" 2014 Moto X with front-facing stereo speakers

When Motorola released the Quark phone end of 2014, especially with the loud PR of the Droid Turbo a lot of people were very ANGRY at Motorola. They had bought the "flagship" 2014 Moto X (which was mostly a copy of the 2013 LG G2, except for the addition of front facing stereo speakers) with only 2,300 mAh battery and then a few months later Motorola unleashes this BEAST?

(By the way, in spite of Verizon's PR LIES, this phone was NOT an exclusive for Verizon, it wasn't even exclusive in the U.S.! The U.S. Moto XT1250 has the same FCC ID, same radio bands as the Droid Turbo and runs on Verizon with a Verizon SIM card, just like a non-Verizon Moto Nexus 6. My Moto XT1225 has LTE bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17 and I run them on AT&T.)

quark%20vs%202014%20Moto%20X_zpsfos7qgnx.png

And remember these are 5.2" display phones. When you increase the size to larger displays -- even with current slimmed/zero bezels -- the additional battery thickness would be negligible. Plus, no one is demanding credit card thin phones. A little extra thickness is OK, and with extra thickness comes room for ANYTHING you wish to put in -- stereo speakers, larger battery, etc.

There's always MORE ROOM.

I see PLENTY of room on the Galaxy S8 for a BIGGER battery and HIGH QUALITY front-facing stereo speakers.

Rado_vr6

Sep 16, 2010
So nevermind the design or the engineering that went into the device. With a year design cycle you really think every little detail YOU care about will make it. Instead if complaining, why not use your nonexistent engineering skills to build a better device?

skivnit

May 21, 2012
Omg stop with this stereo speaker nonsense. Unless you are a teenager who likes to bug people on public transports or places, or you're trying to party on your phone music, it's useless. If you are an audiophile you would have a- a nice sound system at home be it home cinema or just Sonos like system then you would have either Bose qc35, shure 846 or OPPO PM3 , or any other high end headphones. You just need to have a clear sound when it rings and loud enough for you to hear

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
LJotqPF.jpg

That render looks hideous to me. The S8 as it looks now is much better looking

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LJotqPF.jpg

I actually like the tall screen and the finger print scanner... so no, I dont agree :)
    I like how its been designed. People are reacting a bit over too much over the fingerprint sensor location... it aint all that bad positioning afterall.
    First I will agree with you, then I'll disagree with you. ;)

NcHM3Ci.jpg

Yes, the LG G2 was ahead of it's time. And I'll give you specific proof via Motorola laughable efforts during that same time...

The 2013 LG G2 was the first Android with 1080p and rear camera OIS, and why the LG Nexus 5 was based on the LG G2 instead of any Motorola designs that year, even though Google owned Motorola. Whenever I compare phones or critique phones, it's usually based on hardware specs. "Software" is more opinion based. I have my opinions on software, there are things I like, love or hate -- but hardware doesn't lie. At the time, Motorola was NOT a top tier hardware/design manufacturer.

Within ONE week of each other Motorola and LG released their 2013 flagship phones (August 1 and August 7). Motorola released the 2013 Moto X and LG released the 2013 LG G2. The 2013 Moto X HARDWARE was an excellent clone of the 2012 LG Optimus G (G1)/LG Nexus 4: 4.7", 720p, 2GB RAM -- with not even Snapdragon 8XXX chipset. Both the 2012 LG and the 2013 Moto X used Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro. Seriously, for HARDWARE SPECS they just copied LG's Nexus phone from the previous year. The 2012 LG actually had 768p resolution and 13MP camera vs. the 2013 Moto X 720p and 10MP camera.

But when you compare the specs of the two 2013 "flagship" phones to each other, the Motorola is clearly a mid-tier design.

2013 LG G2 vs 2013 Motorola Moto X
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-G2,Motorola-Moto-X/phones/7969,7885?ft=2

The 2013 LG G2 was cutting edge specs. 5.2" 1080p, Snapdragon 800, 2GB RAM, rear camera OIS. And the 2013 LG Nexus 5 was based on that design -- just a little smaller (4.95"), so it wouldn't be an exact clone. LG had run into problems with that the previous year, where the LG Nexus 4 was an almost exact copy of the LG Optimus G (G1). Why would people pay $600 or more for the LG Optimus when they could get the LG Nexus 4 for almost half the price through Google? So, for the 2013 LG Nexus 5, they tried to differentiate their flagship from the Nexus phone through display size.

Then in 2014, the 2014 Moto X (gen2) was an excellent copy of the 2013 LG G2, but otherwise not exceptional specs. Yeah, Motorola did it again. Just copied LG's previous year flagship phone: 5.2", 1080p, 2GB RAM, only updating it with a slightly newer Snapdragon 801 chipset than LG had used, the Snapdragon 800. OK, it did have stereo speakers to improve on the LG G2...

Whereas, at the same time LG was introducing the 2014 LG G3 -- with 1440p, 3GB RAM, and laser-focused rear camera. LG was again moving to the next level of hardware specs while Motorola was looking to the past.

2014 LG G3 vs 2014 Motorola Moto X (gen2)
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-G3,Motorola-Moto-X-2014/phones/8347,8897?ft=2

But REALLY, you should be comparing the 2014 Moto X to the EXCELLENT 2013 LG G2! Motorola couldn't even make a copy as good as the LG G2! And they had a YEAR to copy and paste. :rolleyes: For instance, Motorola put in a puny 2300 mAh battery, while LG had put in a 3000 mAh battery into the 2013 LG G2. Both 5.2", 1080p, 2GB RAM. What, is 3000 mAh too big? :rolleyes:

2014 Moto X vs 2013 LG G2
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Motorola-Moto-X-2014,LG-G2/phones/8897,7969?ft=2

* LATE 2014
    Only with the late 2014 5.95" Shamu (Moto Nexus 6) and 5.2" Quark (Droid Turbo, Moto Turbo, Moto Maxx) phones did Motorola finally join the ranks of top tier manufacturers like Samsung and LG. 1440p AMOLED, 3GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, turbo charging (Quick Charge 2.0), Qi wireless charging. The larger phone had stereo speakers and rear camera OIS, not sure why Motorola left them off the smaller phone. The smaller 5.2" Quark had 21MP camera and 3900 mAh battery. Yes, the SMALLER phone had a LARGER battery. Because Google always skimped on their Nexus batteries for some strange reason. :rolleyes:

(I haven't updated the OS specs below, it's still on the the last versions when I used this comparison, but the hardware specs have not changed on the two phones.)

Nexus-6-vs-Motorola-Moto-Max-Size-Is-Not-the-Only-Differentiator-464414-2_zpshiszw6wl.jpg

MOTO%20MAXX%20VS%20NEXUS%206_zpsh07k82ca.png

I bought THREE of the Moto Maxx XT1225 phones. It was basically the 5.2" version of the Moto Nexus 6.

How do you fit a 3900 mAh battery into a 5.2" display phone? Easy. You just put it in. See that's the FALLACY I am going to bash you on in the next point. :p There's ALWAYS ROOM for what you want to put into a phone. ALWAYS.

And I'll explain in my next point...

1) Then why didn't Samsung put in a a single high quality front facing speaker? Instead they put in a bottom firing speaker. You don't even know the speaker Samsung has on their S8/S8+. :confused:

galaxy-s8-plus-black-1.jpg

What you think is the "speaker" is the earpiece to listen to phone calls.

2) But, let's pretend Samsung did put in a "a single high quality front facing speaker".

Why would you use "a single high quality front facing speaker" but then inexplicably downgrade to " two mediocre speakers" for stereo? Oh, here's a solution! How about TWO of those " single high quality front facing speaker" -- that way you would have TWO high quality front facing stereo speakers! You already have them on hand, yes? (In your scenario.)

Glad to be of help! ;) Wow, that was VERY hard to figure out.

Oh, and maybe you could buy a STEREO MANUFACTURER with expertise to help out your obviously incompetent engineers who you think would try to put in " two mediocre speakers" . Maybe Samsung should buy Harman Kardon? Oh, they already have! Again, glad to be of help!

Samsung's own press release of the ownership tranfer shows MOBILE as a reason to buy Harmon Kardon:
    HARMAN_main-2.jpg

plus that leaves room for more battery capacity - and things like the headphone jack...

MORE ROOM FALLACY

Oh, please. The "more room" fallacy. Let's put this to rest once and for all. It's the equivalent of politicians under investigation who resign to "spend more time with their families". That's not the real reason, it's just the only excuse they can come up with that sounds acceptable to people who don't know any better.

Apple said they ditched the iPhone headphone jack for "more" room. NO, they wanted to sell their massively expensive bluetooth wireless earbuds.

Motorola ditched the headphone jack last year for their 2014 5.5" Moto Z Force phone (June 2016), allegedly for the same reason "more room"...

Yet they included the headphone jack in their 2014 5.5" Moto Z Play (August 2016) released later in the same year. Oh, and GUESS WHAT? The Moto Z Play had a slightly larger battery (3510 mAh) than the Moto Z Force (3500 mAh). That's right -- the phone WITH the headset jack even has a bigger battery.

moto%20z%20force-play_zpsscrzv9ld.png

So, more room for WHAT? The dimensions are almost identical. I see .02 mm and .03mm difference -- that's HUNDREDTH OF MILLIMETERS -- for a larger battery AND a headset jack.

And Motorola now admits they LIED. Apple will never admit that, but Motorola is admitting that... because in the upcoming 2017 Moto Z2 Force -- GUESS WHAT? -- they are ADDING BACK the headset jack. ;) Yes, after ditching the headset jack for their flagship phone in 2016, Motorola is bringing it back.

And I'm pretty sure it will also have the same standard components of most 2nd half 2017 flagship phone -- 1440p, Snapdragon 835, 64/128GB internal memory, 4/6GB RAM, microSD card, blah, blah, blah.

Manufacturers have included headphone jacks, larger batteries, whatever they want in past years. Headphone jacks have NOT grown in size.
    Internal electronic components have only shrunk in size. RAM, internal storage, CPU chipsets get SMALLER each year.

If a manufacturer claims they are ditching headset jacks or microSD cards for "more room" they are LYING or their engineers are INCOMPETENT. In Apple's case they are lying.

Now, go back to my 2014 Moto XT1225. 5.2" 1440p AMOLED and a 3900 mAh battery. I own three of these phones. Was released as the Droid Turbo XT1254/Moto Turbo XT1225/Moto Maxx XT1225/Moto Maxx XT1250. All had 3900 mAh battery.

How did Motorola put a 3900 mAh battery into this 5.2" phone? They just did. At the time, they said people were worried about battery life and putting in a bigger battery was addressing that issue. Read that again. People are NOT demanding credit card thin phones. People want bigger batteries. So, it makes the phone a hair thicker. So what. It just makes it easier to hold in your hand!

Here's the difference between a 5.2" phone with a 3900 mAh battery and 5.2" phone with 2300 mAh battery. The only thing wrong with the 3900 mAh battery phone is Motorola should have lost the capacitive buttons on the Quark phones and instead included the front facing stereo speakers they put on the 2014 Moto X. I don't understand why they didn't do that.

hqdefault.jpg

5.2" 2014 Moto X with front-facing stereo speakers

When Motorola released the Quark phone end of 2014, especially with the loud PR of the Droid Turbo a lot of people were very ANGRY at Motorola. They had bought the "flagship" 2014 Moto X (which was mostly a copy of the 2013 LG G2, except for the addition of front facing stereo speakers) with only 2,300 mAh battery and then a few months later Motorola unleashes this BEAST?

(By the way, in spite of Verizon's PR LIES, this phone was NOT an exclusive for Verizon, it wasn't even exclusive in the U.S.! The U.S. Moto XT1250 has the same FCC ID, same radio bands as the Droid Turbo and runs on Verizon with a Verizon SIM card, just like a non-Verizon Moto Nexus 6. My Moto XT1225 has LTE bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17 and I run them on AT&T.)

quark%20vs%202014%20Moto%20X_zpsfos7qgnx.png

And remember these are 5.2" display phones. When you increase the size to larger displays -- even with current slimmed/zero bezels -- the additional battery thickness would be negligible. Plus, no one is demanding credit card thin phones. A little extra thickness is OK, and with extra thickness comes room for ANYTHING you wish to put in -- stereo speakers, larger battery, etc.

There's always MORE ROOM.

I see PLENTY of room on the Galaxy S8 for a BIGGER battery and HIGH QUALITY front-facing stereo speakers.