FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

FIX Bluetooth Issues , OREO

162 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

By testreaper, Senior Member on 11th April 2018, 09:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I started having several bluetooth issues when i updated to OREO and i couldnt figure out was just went wrong.

While i was trying several things i stumbled upon an option on Smarthings which is called "Visible to Devices" and allows other devices to find your phone using BT LE scanning which for an unknown reason was disabled.

Open Smarthings -> tap to the three dots in the upper right corner -> Settings --> Visible to devices -> Turn it on.

If you guys keep having problems , make sure to check if this option is enabled because for me it wasnt. Who knows , it may prove helpfull to you aswell!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to testreaper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift testreaper Ad-Free
30th July 2018, 09:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Genius!
This fixed the annoying problem I was having with my Samsung watch disconnecting from my phone and causing the Plugin App to keep crashing. Fantastic advice. Thanks you.
31st July 2018, 10:20 AM |#3  
Flag bucharest
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by testreaper

I started having several bluetooth issues when i updated to OREO and i couldnt figure out was just went wrong.

While i was trying several things i stumbled upon an option on Smarthings which is called "Visible to Devices" and allows other devices to find your phone using BT LE scanning which for an unknown reason was disabled.

Open Smarthings -> tap to the three dots in the upper right corner -> Settings --> Visible to devices -> Turn it on.

If you guys keep having problems , make sure to check if this option is enabled because for me it wasnt. Who knows , it may prove helpfull to you aswell!

I can't find smarthings. Cheers!
31st July 2018, 09:52 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marriusf81

I can't find smarthings. Cheers!

Weird.

Go to playstore check for smartthings , if yes open it from there, else install it and you are all set.
The Following User Says Thank You to testreaper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift testreaper Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth, oreo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)