FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S8 rooting, unrooting and updates on stock roms

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By vlakiks, Junior Member on 12th August 2019, 10:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,
I bought S8 and I'm looking for best way how to root and unroot device. I want to have updates of my device but I need root too . I dont want custom roms. I want stock rom.
Is there any way?
Thanks for answer
12th August 2019, 01:19 PM |#2  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlakiks

Hi guys,
I bought S8 and I'm looking for best way how to root and unroot device. I want to have updates of my device but I need root too . I dont want custom roms. I want stock rom.
Is there any way?
Thanks for answer

If you modify your phone ( root ) you will loose the option to update ( OTA update ).

If you want to update you phone you will have to download firmware and flash with Odin. Everytime that you update firmware you will have to re-root you phone again.
The Following User Says Thank You to spawnlives For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spawnlives Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 01:24 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnlives

If you modify your phone ( root ) you will loose the option to update (TA update ).

If you want to update you phone you will have to download firmware and flash with Odin. Everytime that you update firmware you will have to re-root you phone again.

Thank you for answer.
Data will be lost after reflash?
12th August 2019, 01:53 PM |#4  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlakiks

Thank you for answer.
Data will be lost after reflash?

Generally yes ( mainly with rooting )

You can backup your app/data by using something like Google backup service or smart switch ( PC app ).
14th August 2019, 06:27 PM |#5  

More
Hey guys,

Hopefully I'm not requesteing a completely useless thing cause I haven't found a fix so far. Since it's somehow related to firmware flashing via Odin, I chose to ask in this thread.
I bought my Galaxy S8+ a while ago and carrier unlocked it (It was on Vodafone Romania). Ever since unlocking the carrier, I can't seem to receive any firmware updates for some reason.
Smart switch says I'm at the latest firmware version but according to Sammobile, I'm far from being at the last version. (Still Android 8 on it)
My phone is not rooted (I haven't felt the need to root it so far because it's been doing great). Any ideas how can I fix this and install the latest firmware?
If I download the latest Romania firmware from sammobile (carrier-free version) and flash it through Odin, would it work or I'd encounter a difference because the CSC is Vodafone Romania?

Thanks!
15th August 2019, 03:58 AM |#6  

More
Hey is there a way to root the SM-G975U with security update on july 1, android pie, and a way to unroot? (like the stock rom files)

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)