Samsung s8/s8+ wi-fi nougat fix !!! (aka s7)

Search This thread

MirceaForce

Jan 26, 2016
romania
Got mine fixed by replacing the unit, bad 4g and wifi, acted like a missing antena although i think some terminals have bad modem.
My first one had worse signal than my s5, the new unit is a little better than my s5 but not working well through walls, will have to try it with an broadcom based router, I have an atheros right now...

what kind of troubles did you had ??? emergency call only or losing 4g ?? wi-fi ???

What's this ?? it's help what ?? wi-fi ? lte??

As said above.

A more basic smart connect, except instead of your WiFi being unusable and having to look to see a notification saying will reconnect to WiFi when signal becomes more stable, it just disconnects from WiFi, then connects back to it when the signal is more usable

sefmars

Oct 31, 2011
what kind of troubles did you had ??? emergency call only or losing 4g ?? wi-fi ???
1. Network flapping for no reason, sometimes it took me 30 min to establish a connection, but it was random 5hat is the strange thing
2. Poor wifi signal compared to other devices both on 5gh an 2.4ghz
3. Poor 4g signal although I realized that upon replacing it...

sefmars

Oct 31, 2011
Pretty close E.U. unlocked version bought on preorder
Doubt you have an uk version, maybe some operator apps on top...
In my mitchen I had no signla al other phones had 3 bars which intrigued me...
In front of my window downstairs no wifi, mi other phones had 2-3bars and a stable 54mbps connection, now i have signal at the back of the building...

Last edited:

MirceaForce

Jan 26, 2016
romania
Pretty close E.U. unlocked version bought on preorder
Doubt you have an uk version, maybe some operator apps on top...
In my mitchen I had no signla al other phones had 3 bars which intrigued me...
In front of my window downstairs no wifi, mi other phones had 2-3bars and a stable 54mbps connection, now i have signal at the back of the building...

I have the uk BTU s8 unlocked, no operator no apps

only Wi-Fi 5 ghz affected on 2.4ghz it's perfect

on my s7 5ghz works perfect no droops

Also another weird problem if I will go to a zone where there is no signal/data and I have them on....and stay on that zone for a long time like 2-3 hours and come back to good signal full gsm & H+ The phone detect gsm and data signal but remains in emergency call only so this is very wired because I did change the nano sim ......only fix airplane mode on off

also with a fast car charger from Samsung the phone was charging perfect until it hits 90% and no charging but is says that is fast charging and no time until full charged.....very wired. fix unplug and plug again and the same thing.....but after that I did unplug again and it works ....maybe there was a car problem

with ac charger no problems

maybe because the phone it's new and still wait for fix from Samsung

did perform a wipe cache no full reset

I did send the unit back hope a second new unit will be ok

sefmars

Oct 31, 2011

only Wi-Fi 5 ghz affected on 2.4ghz it's perfect

on my s7 5ghz works perfect no droops

Also another weird problem if I will go to a zone where there is no signal/data and I have them on....and stay on that zone for a long time like 2-3 hours and come back to good signal full gsm & H+ The phone detect gsm and data signal but remains in emergency call only so this is very wired because I did change the nano sim ......only fix airplane mode on off

also with a fast car charger from Samsung the phone was charging perfect until it hits 90% and no charging but is says that is fast charging and no time until full charged.....very wired. fix unplug and plug again and the same thing.....but after that I did unplug again and it works ....maybe there was a car problem

with ac charger no problems

maybe because the phone it's new and still wait for fix from Samsung

did perform a wipe cache no full reset

I did send the unit back hope a second new unit will be ok
Hope that only one of the preorder batch has issues... where have you bought it from??

MirceaForce

Jan 26, 2016
romania

sefmars

Oct 31, 2011
from clove uk

was not ordered on preorder

after the preorder there was not in stock and then after 13 of may they receive stock.... I don't no what to say....

but seams that Wi-Fi 5ghz problem & charging problem is there for a lot of people

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8/help/galaxy-s8-stops-charging-80-t3609781
Guess I'm not the only one who had issues with the S8, only that SAMSUNG is trying 5o keep a lid on it...
By the way was samsung internet working for you???
Had a support issue and they replied to wait for an update... nice support from.samsung part....

MirceaForce

Jan 26, 2016
romania
Guess I'm not the only one who had issues with the S8, only that SAMSUNG is trying 5o keep a lid on it...
By the way was samsung internet working for you???
Had a support issue and they replied to wait for an update... nice support from.samsung part....

internet browser from samsung if that is it yes it works

sefmars

Oct 31, 2011
Makes no sens, support said the same, i reseted all setting and deleted app an setting and reloaded it, the beta works...

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

I have a S8+ I got from Clove. I've had two actually, the first went back for a pink display. At home I use/used both exclusively on 5GHz and never had an issue. I connect to a lot of different Wi-Fi networks because I travel a lot and haven't experienced any abnormal behavior. I usually have a Samsung tablet with me and I haven't noticed any Wi-Fi difference between them and my S8. If what you folks are experiencing is h/w related it's certainly not affecting all phones. It can't be s/w because those of us on BTU all are using the same s/w.

MirceaForce

Jan 26, 2016
romania
I have a S8+ I got from Clove. I've had two actually, the first went back for a pink display. At home I use/used both exclusively on 5GHz and never had an issue. I connect to a lot of different Wi-Fi networks because I travel a lot and haven't experienced any abnormal behavior. I usually have a Samsung tablet with me and I haven't noticed any Wi-Fi difference between them and my S8. If what you folks are experiencing is h/w related it's certainly not affecting all phones. It can't be s/w because those of us on BTU all are using the same s/w.

the most problems are on 5GHZ when you make a wi-fi call (wahtsup,etc) on s7 everything it's ok

yes I know that maybe a bad unit

i will try with a second one maybe it will be ok

also the problem with the charging it's not ok

did you tested your unit at high temperatures ??

Last edited:

MirceaForce

Jan 26, 2016
romania

you have two s8+ both with problems from clove ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just like in s7 nougat

nougat wi-fi fix (losing connection & reconnect) 5Ghz band

Settings > Location > Improve Accuracy > Bluetooth Scanning : Turn it off

also disable "smart network switch" from
    connection-wifi-advance-smart network switch Turn it off
    what does it fix? which wifi problems?
    losing connection & reconnect
    For those of you that are losing Wi-Fi connection and reconnecting, go into your router configuration and change the channel until you find the channel that is most reliable in your area. That's usually the main cause most of the time for disconnect issues. Change your 5Ghz channel and you most likely will find one that works fine. If the router is in "auto channel select" mode, take it out of auto and set a channel manually until you find the channel that works for your area.
    Actually I do use Smart Network switch, I switches between LTE and Wi-Fi. I also keep LTE alive in the background for faster switching.
    If that is turned OFF - I get periods of "no data" usually when I am trying to navigate and the device had locked on some "Xfinity wifi " as that is a very common open wifi.
    I am and most of us are "not paying LTE so we don't use it" - This feature allows for better Network switch and less periods of No-Data, IMHO

I would suggest aggressive handover setting in dev options over smart network switch. Less resource intensive and works better from my experience
    Transfers data from weak WiFi to cell data, so you don't lose connection to live data

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk