Set a specific app to output audio via source - thank you Samsung

Search This thread

ElBeaner

Feb 22, 2012
Dallas
This is a life saver for parents

o to Settings - sound and vibration - Seperate App sound (all the way at the bottom)

turn on and pick the app you want(limited to 1 app at a time)

Then choose the location (I chose Music to bluetooth)

This way I can still listen to music and be able to hand my daughter my phone so she can watch youtube

keemyb

Aug 6, 2009
Impressive, didn't think of that as a use case. Although I don't think I'll be handing anyone my phone just yet ;)

oF2pks

May 22, 2016
For example (?) : can you watch a video/broadcast mute (sport game), and listen TuneIn ( running commentary ) at the same time ?
Actually android is deeply missing basic audio mix table !
Also can you (lucky owners) tell us if :
-AKG earphone are ip68 waterproof ?
-Google Music can be uninstall/disable ?
-is embedded EQ working with any browser/video app ?

Thx for sharing...

Last edited:

JamesR913

Dec 23, 2008
For example (?) : can you watch a video/broadcast mute (sport game), and listen TuneIn ( running commentary ) at the same time ?

Thx for sharing...
The only one I can answer is that yes Google play music can be uninstalled

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: oF2pks

finsmaniac02

Dec 1, 2007
I have a specific question/problem related to this:
Currently I have Google Play Music assigned to Bluetooth.
This is cool because in the car, I can play music - but then play a game or something at the same time.
HOWEVER.....

In order for this to actually work, you have to go to the audio connections hub thing in the notification shade.
And switch your audio output to the phone.
THEN with the audio output set to the phone - itll use the override and send the play music to bluetooth.

You seemingly have to do this every time (I even used Tasker and Autotools custom settings, trying to detect which setting gets changed and make it automatic.... but couldn't see a related changed setting in the settings lists).

A bigger problem though, amidst my messing around to try to make this work better....
I selected "turn off connections manager" option.
Now I don't get that stuff in the notification shade at all.
And I cannot find a single setting that lets me access it again!
So now I can never use separate app audio.

Can someone help me!?!?!?

Tomo1971

Apr 21, 2012
Fife
I have found this feature usefull for SatNav.

I have the phone connected to car bluetooth, so ALL audio on previous phones goes to the car - so as im listening to streaming radio etc, the satnav voice from TomTom kicks in and can be quite annoying - especially as I only want the voice for traffic and speed cameras.

With this feature, I can still stream music to the car but have the audio come through the phone speaker - well done Samsung

Reactions: lawrence750

lawrence750

Jul 18, 2008
Berkshire
This is cool because in the car, I can play music - but then play a game or something at the same time.
HOWEVER.....

In order for this to actually work, you have to go to the audio connections hub thing in the notification shade.
THEN with the audio output set to the phone - itll use the override and send the play music to bluetooth.

You seemingly have to do this every time (I even used Tasker and Autotools custom settings, trying to detect which setting gets changed and make it automatic.... but couldn't see a related changed setting in the settings lists).

A bigger problem though, amidst my messing around to try to make this work better....

settings>sounds and vibration>separate app sound

AperturePhoenix

May 15, 2017
I also have the audio manager not showing up in the notifications problem but turning on separate app and sound didn't work for me

mweinbach

Portal Writer
Feb 13, 2016
Connecticut

Thx for sharing...

i am not testing that.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
One of my issues with the Google ChromeCast is that when the phone is used as a source, all audio is sent over that ChromeCast connection.
You cannot divert the audio to Bluetooth for bluetooth speakers/headphones.

Does anyone know if this new Samsung feature will allow you to divert ChromeCast audio to Bluetooth?
That would be pretty darn cool if it did.

EDIT: Btw, I don't have the Samsung phone.
I was linked here from a Google Pixel thread. But I'm really interested to know the answer to my question above.

Last edited:

Rabbired

Jun 19, 2017
Same, once disabled there doesn't appear to be a way to get it to reappear :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Download Sound Assistant from Samsung in the play store. When you adjust volume hit the icon and then expand the window. To the right of the app volume slider you can switch sound output.

leetek

Jul 22, 2008
Found the "Audio output" control! Yess!!

HOWEVER.....

Thanks to the post above I was finally able to find the setting to enable the option to select the Audio output on my phone (Samsung S8+) see pictures attached. So if you've lost the option to select the audio output of you S8 follow these steps. (Not to be confused with with Separate app sound, which routes different apps to a bluetooth or phone output)

• Find the Samsung Connect app
  • Click on the three dots to bring down the menu
  • Tap Settings
  • Tap Samsung Connect panel
  • Ensure this is turned on
  • Tap on Always show
  • and Finally tap on Audio output << This is the one! :good:

Attachments

• SamConnPanel.png
    SamConnPanel.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 339
  • SamConnApp.png
    SamConnApp.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a life saver for parents

o to Settings - sound and vibration - Seperate App sound (all the way at the bottom)

turn on and pick the app you want(limited to 1 app at a time)

Then choose the location (I chose Music to bluetooth)

This way I can still listen to music and be able to hand my daughter my phone so she can watch youtube

Thx for sharing...
    The only one I can answer is that yes Google play music can be uninstalled

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I have found this feature usefull for SatNav.

I have the phone connected to car bluetooth, so ALL audio on previous phones goes to the car - so as im listening to streaming radio etc, the satnav voice from TomTom kicks in and can be quite annoying - especially as I only want the voice for traffic and speed cameras.

With this feature, I can still stream music to the car but have the audio come through the phone speaker - well done Samsung
    Give SoundAbout a look. There isn't much it can't manage.