[TWEAK] Fix Netflix - Error 5.2

Search This thread

ryanpm40

Nov 7, 2010
I just went into the app info and cleared its data. Fixed it for now anyway, we'll see if it's a permanent fix.

imPRAGMA

Dec 10, 2017
Anyone curious, liboemcrypto is the Widevine Crypto API usually used for L1 capable devices. An issue like this can often be caused by an insecure boot process. Renaming this file works because your essentially telling everything that uses Widevine to just fallback to L3 (worse quality).

J-Lunaut

Feb 27, 2020
Worked for me on Galaxy S8+

Hi just wanted to say thanks for the fix it worked perfectly.

Although I had some problems because I did not see the tiny message "access denied" when I wanted to rename the file so I had to use a different Root Explorer.
Just wanted to say that in case someone was having the same brainlag as me ;)

Cheers

Edit: Grammar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rename the following file:

/system/lib/liboemcrypto.so to /liboemcrypto.so.bak
    Thank you so much for this. Worked like a charm on my Note 5.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Anyone know why this is happening ? Or a fix for Hulu?
    Rename the following file:

/system/lib/liboemcrypto.so to /liboemcrypto.so.bak

There is no liboemcrypto file in my lib folder. I'm using samsung s6 edge and I haven't had a single issue with netflix until I've installed the newest android update. Uninstalling/reinstailling doesnt work, obviously, I've tried all that I could..
    Where do i go to find that file?
    Same here, it worked flawlessly. For the ones wondering, this file is "part of the modular DRM [digital rights management] of Android", as far as I have been able to find out via googling. However, I have no idea if renaming the file kills off any services you need for other than netflix apps.

An for the ones saying the file is protected: You absolutely need to be rooted AND have a file explorer that supports read/write access to system files. FX Explorer does that, and I think ES File Exporer as well. But there's gotta be dozens of others, too.