FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Charging speed

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,552

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the Samsung Galaxy S8 can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

30th July 2017, 10:16 AM |#2  
Flag M√ľnster
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I got problems with it...
Sometimes it charges really quick, like Quick Charge does. But then sometimes it says it needs about 8 hours to charge fully.
Thats why i voted Average 3* and charging speeds sometimes even differs if i plug it out and in again.
EDIT:
With the original charger which came in the box it works fine and needs about 1h and 40m to fully charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShiRaZ1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShiRaZ1988 Ad-Free
12th August 2017, 05:42 PM |#3  
1 hour 45 mins normal charge with original cable and adapter S8 rocking stock AQF7 not rooted
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Codex1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codex1998 Ad-Free
17th September 2017, 06:57 PM |#4  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiRaZ1988

With the original charger about 1h and 40m to fully charge.

OK, the original charger, what is the Voltage & Amperage Output?
Also.....
From 25% to full charge using a QI Wireless Charger and the Original Charger that came with it, how long to full charge?
From 25% to full charge using the USB out on a laptop (.5Amp), how long to full charge?
7th October 2017, 04:36 PM |#5  
Flag Gonbad-e-Kavous
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiRaZ1988

I got problems with it...
Sometimes it charges really quick, like Quick Charge does. But then sometimes it says it needs about 8 hours to charge fully.
Thats why i voted Average 3* and charging speeds sometimes even differs if i plug it out and in again.
EDIT:
With the original charger which came in the box it works fine and needs about 1h and 40m to fully charge.

Hi are you Iranian?
If you doesn't use official Charger of S8 that it's available in Phone Box it's probably correct that your device will not be charged very fast and you have to use the Official and trusted charger of Galaxy s8 that Samsung electronics have confirmed it.
28th March 2018, 08:33 AM |#6  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Been using the s8+ for two weeks

Not sure what to say. When i check with Ampere app, it only shows it charges for 1000 maH

I have Xiaomi mi5 which charges for 2000-3000 maH with the same charger

How could samsung lose to Xiaomi?
11th August 2018, 09:25 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
After the August security patch the fast wireless charging is broken. I have the European version S8 and a choetech wireless fast charger. Does anyone has this problem after the last OTA update?

Just to point out, the fast wireless charging option is activated in the settings but the wireless fast charging is not working, only normal wireless charging.
29th August 2018, 02:11 PM |#8  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRK666

After the August security patch the fast wireless charging is broken. I have the European version S8 and a choetech wireless fast charger. Does anyone has this problem after the last OTA update?

Just to point out, the fast wireless charging option is activated in the settings but the wireless fast charging is not working, only normal wireless charging.

I was wondering if it was my wireless charger faulty... did you have any source on this bug or it's just your (and mine) experience?
10th September 2018, 02:47 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
you cant check charging current with ampere app, because Samsung changed charging method a lot after explosive s7.
basically if screen is on charging current drop to ~ 1000mah. and phone use 9v or 12v only if screen is off.
also if you phone charge longer than 2h something is wrong with your charger\wire or phone can't go to sleep properly due to "cancer" apps who prevent full sleep.
But iam here to ask owners of 25watt chargers, is it worth it? how long it takes to charge it with it?
i not sure if link are allowed here but here it is https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mo...p-ta300cweguj/
5th October 2018, 02:44 PM |#10  
Account currently disabled
Flag jeddah
Thanks Meter: 175

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA_RealLifeReview

To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the Samsung Galaxy S8 can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

1 and half hour and 1 t0 11
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)