FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Overall speed

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,552

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
30th September 2017, 06:54 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madphone

Slows down a lot after some months. camera starts slow and is not reliable. RAM Management is shitty for a flagship.

Same her. The slowest device i own.

3rd October 2017, 01:27 PM |#12  
Flag Kidderminster
Thanks Meter: 301

More
Got to say I've only been using this phone for just over 1 week and the last few days it's started lagging already, which is a real surprise imo, had an S7 edge a year ago and it wasn't like this.

However after finding this thread I checked my mode and it was set to optimised mode, so set it to performance mode and will see how it goes.
3rd October 2017, 10:52 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1,225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyX

Clear your cache in recovery!

thanks, tried that already but it did nothing. only thing what helped was a full wipe. for now it's much faster ( i asume for a month or so) but still lags more than my old 6P. Let's see if it will improve when they update it to android 8 next march.
10th October 2017, 08:00 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
disappointed
Bought less than a week ago, previous phone OnePlus3 - used for a year.
OnePlus 3 became slower than when i just bought it after a year because of all the stuff installed etc, obviously.
So this phone i have now(s8) - feels about the speed of OP3(after a year, not new) - and often times even slower.
Really disappointed.
I factory reset my OP3 to sell it, it feels like a lightning compared to s8.
I am afraid to think how this thing will work after few months...
Yes ok great display(feels smaller than OP3 though because of weird aspect ration, also more comfortable in hand, to be honest, but smaller)
Yes very good camera(reviews say, tried to take few pics yesterday, didn't see any noticeable difference to be honest, but ok may be i dont know how to shoot).
But except for that dont feel like it justifies the price.
The fingerprint sensor is amazingly crappy after OP3(again we are talking a 1.5 generation older chinese phone!!!)
I am really afraid after few months it will go real slow.
The only good thing since its galaxy i believe it d be easier to sell if want to later, compared to OP5 which would come way cheaper if i chose it.
I ll give it some more time, if i feel like its getting even slower i ll sell it and buy an OP5.

Honestly though, for that price they should be ashamed at Samsung for selling a phone that cheaper chinese brands easily outperform it.
The Following User Says Thank You to sobserg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sobserg Ad-Free
10th October 2017, 12:24 PM |#15  
Flag Kidderminster
Thanks Meter: 301

More
I've been using my phone in "High-Performance" mode for a week now and so far so good, even though I've since found out that there is no boost from the CPU in this mode it seems much more fluid compared to the "Optimised mode".
29th October 2017, 11:28 AM |#16  
Orgrimmar
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Not fast. it lags and stutters and isn't smooth but it's ok! I think I can kinda live with it?!
2nd November 2017, 01:08 PM |#17  
Flag Esposende
Thanks Meter: 108

More
The problem with this thread is that not everyone who is complaining bought the phone. Some just hate Samsung, some just write based on what they read on the internet.

Its a shame XDA has so many trolls atm.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox316 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Knox316 Ad-Free
4th November 2017, 02:44 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1,949

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madphone

thanks, tried that already but it did nothing. only thing what helped was a full wipe. for now it's much faster ( i asume for a month or so) but still lags more than my old 6P. Let's see if it will improve when they update it to android 8 next march.

Lol 6p was the laggiest garbage phone I've ever owned
28th November 2017, 02:43 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Blows
I kicked myself for not jumping on to the Verizon 50% off deal on the Google Pixel 2. This Samsung S8 blows, it lags way too much after some use i have to close all the apps (at times not that many are running) or just restart the phone. I would have assumed for a flagship phone this would be a lot faster. I'll have to wait for another deal before I toss this phone and get a Pixel 2.
7th December 2017, 08:34 AM |#20  
I would give a "quickness" rating of 3/5 if I consider the performances of the phone out of the box. I mean it's ok, but can get messy.
However, after flashing a decent rom and rooting the thing, debloating most of samsung crap with package disabler or equivalent, I managed to get something really really fast that deserves a 5 stars rating.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aanze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aanze Ad-Free
10th December 2017, 12:44 AM |#21  
Flag Key West
Thanks Meter: 76

More
I honestly do love this phone but got a crack on the corner of screen from a 2 feet drop onto carpet really disappointing thinking of just getting the note 8 but I might just go with the pixel 2 xl yeah I'll be missing some key features that Samsung offers but I just love the idea of having every new update for the next three years and straight from the source as well
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)