FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Overall speed

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,557

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
10th December 2017, 12:44 AM |#21  
Flag Key West
Thanks Meter: 76

More
I honestly do love this phone but got a crack on the corner of screen from a 2 feet drop onto carpet really disappointing thinking of just getting the note 8 but I might just go with the pixel 2 xl yeah I'll be missing some key features that Samsung offers but I just love the idea of having every new update for the next three years and straight from the source as well

27th December 2017, 07:34 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Coming from OnePlus 5 i must say except from screen and camera(in some scenarios only), everything else is a downgrade for me. For the first 3 days i felt i have moved to a 2 years old device but i am adjusting to it slowly. Thing i hate the most about this phone is RAM Management. It is so poor that sometimes system apps gets reloaded just after 10-15 minutes.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezerk19

I kicked myself for not jumping on to the Verizon 50% off deal on the Google Pixel 2. This Samsung S8 blows, it lags way too much after some use i have to close all the apps (at times not that many are running) or just restart the phone. I would have assumed for a flagship phone this would be a lot faster. I'll have to wait for another deal before I toss this phone and get a Pixel 2.

Exactly! The irony is, even system apps gets reloaded after 10-15 minutes.
31st December 2017, 05:43 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanze

I would give a "quickness" rating of 3/5 if I consider the performances of the phone out of the box. I mean it's ok, but can get messy.
However, after flashing a decent rom and rooting the thing, debloating most of samsung crap with package disabler or equivalent, I managed to get something really really fast that deserves a 5 stars rating.

Which rom? Which root method?

I've held off on rooting for now due to the supposed 80% battery limit, and because I haven't seen many good roms out. Could just be me, though.
1st January 2018, 01:26 PM |#24  
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeceivingeye1

I've held off on rooting for now due to the supposed 80% battery limit, and because I haven't seen many good roms out. Could just be me, though.

I've been running renovate ice roms (nougat and oreo beta version) for a couple of months now.
2nd January 2018, 07:58 PM |#25  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeceivingeye1

I've got my (Exynos) S8+ running this ROM with Magisk, and it definitely feels faster. No lag or stutter whatsoever, or any other performance complaints for that matter.

For me, debloating alone makes worth rooting. I haven't had that 80% battery issue, but anyways battery performance really improved over the stock samsung ROM.

With that being said, coming from a Moto Z Play as my daily driver for about a year, I can't really say the Samsung feels $500 faster by any means. And it goes trough the battery waaaaay faster.
4th January 2018, 06:29 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by migesss

I've got my (Exynos) S8+ running this ROM with Magisk, and it definitely feels faster. No lag or stutter whatsoever, or any other performance complaints for that matter.

For me, debloating alone makes worth rooting. I haven't had that 80% battery issue, but anyways battery performance really improved over the stock samsung ROM.

With that being said, coming from a Moto Z Play as my daily driver for about a year, I can't really say the Samsung feels $500 faster by any means. And it goes trough the battery waaaaay faster.

Ah, I see. If only there was a well developed AOSP ROM solution as there always was for phones like the GS4 back in 2013-2015. It's been close to a year and I'm not seeing very pleasing ROM options, other than the tweaked TouchWiz ROMs which I deem to have basically the same features.

Thanks though, hopefully I won't screw up the root process
23rd April 2018, 09:03 PM |#27  
Flag Tanta
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Not as my expected
15th June 2018, 09:34 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
fast but it is not as smooth as iphone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)