Overall speed

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Would you say that the Samsung Galaxy S8 is "fast" in day-to-day use? A higher rating indicates that you think the Samsung Galaxy S8 exhibits fantastic performance. Like, is it as fast as your tears when you watch The Titanic?

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: techeligible3322

techeligible3322

Aug 14, 2017
Riyadh
www.techeligible.com
Galaxy S8 and S8+

Would you say that the Samsung Galaxy S8 is "fast" in day-to-day use? A higher rating indicates that you think the Samsung Galaxy S8 exhibits fantastic performance. Like, is it as fast as your tears when you watch The Titanic?

Yeah why not, samsung Galaxy S8 has been outstanding, because this was the time for samsung to grape their consumers back since the incident happened with samsung galaxy note 7(mod edit) of BATTERY EXPLOSION, best of luck to galaxy s8 and s8+ :)

Last edited by a moderator:

dannytgt

Aug 17, 2009
Ibarra-Ecuador
I can say it, the phone is "fast", maybe not the fastest, but phone is fast, I've not used a galaxy series phone as my daily driver since Galaxy Note 2, however I've tested every Galaxy series phone, And with S8 plus finally I went back again to Galaxy series phone as my daily phone.. That's all I can say about it.

Reactions: ioancr

jmajuri

Jan 21, 2008
I can say it, the phone is "fast", maybe not the fastest, but phone is fast, I've not used a galaxy series phone as my daily driver since Galaxy Note 2, however I've tested every Galaxy series phone, And with S8 plus finally I went back again to Galaxy series phone as my daily phone.. That's all I can say about it.

I can agree on this. I have been using iPhone 3 years now and finally i came back to samsung android camp with release of s8+.
It's fast but it ain't so smooth than i expected it to be. I mean for time to time when i use multiple apps at the sametime, it stutters and keyboard lags time to time too.
Otherwise it's really good.

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
Got to say I've only been using this phone for just over 1 week and the last few days it's started lagging already, which is a real surprise imo, had an S7 edge a year ago and it wasn't like this.

However after finding this thread I checked my mode and it was set to optimised mode, so set it to performance mode and will see how it goes.

sobserg

Oct 10, 2017
disappointed

Bought less than a week ago, previous phone OnePlus3 - used for a year.
OnePlus 3 became slower than when i just bought it after a year because of all the stuff installed etc, obviously.
So this phone i have now(s8) - feels about the speed of OP3(after a year, not new) - and often times even slower.
Really disappointed.
I factory reset my OP3 to sell it, it feels like a lightning compared to s8.
I am afraid to think how this thing will work after few months...
Yes ok great display(feels smaller than OP3 though because of weird aspect ration, also more comfortable in hand, to be honest, but smaller)
Yes very good camera(reviews say, tried to take few pics yesterday, didn't see any noticeable difference to be honest, but ok may be i dont know how to shoot).
But except for that dont feel like it justifies the price.
The fingerprint sensor is amazingly crappy after OP3(again we are talking a 1.5 generation older chinese phone!!!)
I am really afraid after few months it will go real slow.
The only good thing since its galaxy i believe it d be easier to sell if want to later, compared to OP5 which would come way cheaper if i chose it.
I ll give it some more time, if i feel like its getting even slower i ll sell it and buy an OP5.

Honestly though, for that price they should be ashamed at Samsung for selling a phone that cheaper chinese brands easily outperform it.

Reactions: nighthawk696969

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
I've been using my phone in "High-Performance" mode for a week now and so far so good, even though I've since found out that there is no boost from the CPU in this mode it seems much more fluid compared to the "Optimised mode".

Knox316

May 18, 2015
Esposende
The problem with this thread is that not everyone who is complaining bought the phone. Some just hate Samsung, some just write based on what they read on the internet.

Its a shame XDA has so many trolls atm.

crixley

May 25, 2012
thanks, tried that already but it did nothing. only thing what helped was a full wipe. for now it's much faster ( i asume for a month or so) but still lags more than my old 6P. Let's see if it will improve when they update it to android 8 next march.

Lol 6p was the laggiest garbage phone I've ever owned

bezerk19

Jul 4, 2008
Blows

I kicked myself for not jumping on to the Verizon 50% off deal on the Google Pixel 2. This Samsung S8 blows, it lags way too much after some use i have to close all the apps (at times not that many are running) or just restart the phone. I would have assumed for a flagship phone this would be a lot faster. I'll have to wait for another deal before I toss this phone and get a Pixel 2.

Aanze

Sep 23, 2010
Paris
I would give a "quickness" rating of 3/5 if I consider the performances of the phone out of the box. I mean it's ok, but can get messy.
However, after flashing a decent rom and rooting the thing, debloating most of samsung crap with package disabler or equivalent, I managed to get something really really fast that deserves a 5 stars rating.

Reactions: migesss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The problem with this thread is that not everyone who is complaining bought the phone. Some just hate Samsung, some just write based on what they read on the internet.

Its a shame XDA has so many trolls atm.

Slows down a lot after some months. camera starts slow and is not reliable. RAM Management is ****ty for a flagship.
    Slows down a lot after some months. camera starts slow and is not reliable. RAM Management is ****ty for a flagship.

Clear your cache in recovery!