FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Photo quality

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,552

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Samsung Galaxy S8 come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

9th August 2017, 03:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA_RealLifeReview

Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Samsung Galaxy S8 come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

I can not notice that the camera especially selfie is not so good !I have to take 4 or 5 photos to have a bright picture and the main camera is also not so good!Maybe the only disadvantage for me overall
The Following User Says Thank You to nikosgb14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nikosgb14 Ad-Free
11th August 2017, 05:34 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 360

More
yes, i am surprised at the quality of the front camera. "pathetic" is the word i would use.

oneplus 3 and 5 both have an amazing front camera.

shame on you, samsung. it's amazing that with so many loyal customers you would cut corners on this.

rear camera is top-notch, though!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaxysDargle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WaxysDargle Ad-Free
12th August 2017, 02:34 AM |#4  
Flag Marshallton
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxysDargle

yes, i am surprised at the quality of the front camera. "pathetic" is the word i would use.

oneplus 3 and 5 both have an amazing front camera.

shame on you, samsung. it's amazing that with so many loyal customers you would cut corners on this.

rear camera is top-notch, though!

Just switched from the G6. Now that was a ****ty front camera
13th August 2017, 12:53 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
S8 produces in auto mode the best combination of good light and low light shots. In good light, there is a bit over-sharpening going on but no so much to destroy the photo quality. The handling of exposure is very good , the detail also and the colors are rich. At low light shots , S8 is the king with clear improvement over the S7/S7 edge. Better detail, low noise levels, more accurate colors, better handling of light flares. My only complaint is that in the evening light, the S8 camera gives more light that is needed. If for example you take a shot of the sky at 20:00 it will appear as it was taken one hour earlier at 19:00. In general there is no phone out there that can beat S8 at the triple combination of design+display+camera in auto mode. I am always talking about the rear camera. I never use the front camera on my phones ( i hate the trend of selfies ).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ipred For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ipred Ad-Free
17th August 2017, 09:12 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Back camera produces nice colors but the quality, or sharpness/details level is downright bad.
Coming from Pixel is maybe putting the bar high but the rear camera here is just bad.
17th August 2017, 01:11 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenessus

Back camera produces nice colors but the quality, or sharpness/details level is downright bad.
Coming from Pixel is maybe putting the bar high but the rear camera here is just bad.

Quick tip, go into pro mode, and change nothing other then -0.2 exposure, (during day) and iso around 150-500 for low light, you will be amazed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dazed1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dazed1 Ad-Free
17th August 2017, 03:52 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed1

Quick tip, go into pro mode, and change nothing other then -0.2 exposure, (during day) and iso around 150-500 for low light, you will be amazed.

There is a slight improvement with the exposure tweak.
Haven't tried low light yet
Thanks.
17th August 2017, 04:11 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:

There is a slight improvement with the exposure tweak.
Haven't tried low light yet
Thanks.

You can even try -0.3 depending on how much light there is, in sunlight even 0.3 is great and balances the very bright scenes, and gets you alot detail in overexposed areas.
The Following User Says Thank You to dazed1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dazed1 Ad-Free
4th November 2017, 02:50 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,950

More
Quote:

You must be a terrible photographer then lol one of the best rated phone cameras that exist
4th November 2017, 05:22 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crixley

You must be a terrible photographer then lol one of the best rated phone cameras that exist

Must be a troll lol one of the least useless posts there are
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)