FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Photo quality

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,557

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2017, 06:01 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
I did post an example, comparing the S8 to the Pixel.

5th November 2017, 06:46 AM |#22  
Flag Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 447

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenessus

I did post an example, comparing the S8 to the Pixel.

Please repeat the link or photo, i can't find it in the thread, thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
5th November 2017, 12:00 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1,951

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostian

Please repeat the link or photo, i can't find it in the thread, thanks

He can't and won't...

Anyone can google it if they're so inclined. The pixel and s8 are equally rated by pretty much every site
The Following User Says Thank You to crixley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crixley Ad-Free
23rd November 2017, 04:29 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crixley

He can't and won't...

Anyone can google it if they're so inclined. The pixel and s8 are equally rated by pretty much every site

You mean can and won't. I'm not going to spoon feed.
23rd November 2017, 04:09 PM |#25  
If anyone interested, here's a comparison between 2 shots taken with respectively Samsung Camera vs Open Camera, both in auto settings mode, focus set at the exact same point - on the mouse. 1st shot is samsung camera, 2nd is open camera
I've been finding that the open camera produces a bit more realistic lightning as well as slightly less noise but maybe decreased sharpness.

Also, I think the overall quality of the rear camera, even if better than most of what's being available today in the phone catalog, is not that good. It lacks details and sharpness.
I have never found a camera that could match what the Lumia 1020 was capable of achieving: enclosed, cat picture taken with the said lumia. I mean if you look closely you can actually see my reflection in the cat's pupil.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_Camera.jpg
Views:	2430
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	4340279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Open_Camera.jpg
Views:	2440
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	4340280   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20131217.jpg
Views:	2400
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	4340295  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aanze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aanze Ad-Free
28th November 2017, 09:29 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I loved this quality..
9th December 2017, 11:16 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Has anyone tried the port of the google camera?
What is the best Gcam mode for our S8?
I am testing model Pixel 1, Hdr +
21st June 2018, 07:56 AM |#28  
Flag Focsani
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogarder

Has anyone tried the port of the google camera?
What is the best Gcam mode for our S8?
I am testing model Pixel 1, Hdr +

Check out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzd_9fY243A
Gcam port brings some improvements, but it has its negatives...
28th June 2018, 03:07 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanze

If anyone interested, here's a comparison between 2 shots taken with respectively Samsung Camera vs Open Camera, both in auto settings mode, focus set at the exact same point - on the mouse. 1st shot is samsung camera, 2nd is open camera
I've been finding that the open camera produces a bit more realistic lightning as well as slightly less noise but maybe decreased sharpness.

Also, I think the overall quality of the rear camera, even if better than most of what's being available today in the phone catalog, is not that good. It lacks details and sharpness.
I have never found a camera that could match what the Lumia 1020 was capable of achieving: enclosed, cat picture taken with the said lumia. I mean if you look closely you can actually see my reflection in the cat's pupil.

You posted a cat and mouse.
28th June 2018, 08:55 PM |#30  
Flag Frankfurt am Main
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanze

Yes and I can say that too. Overexposed and make scenes flat without true dark und light areas. It looks almost like painted.
31st July 2018, 10:03 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
love and hate that screen
just got one for several months screen
the pics and videos are awesome when shown on the(of the phone)!
but they're less looking good when send to my friend's phone (she uses iphone).

Finally, when I use it, my fingers often touch the screen by chance, but the screen is still very good. Maybe I will be familiar with it after using it for a long time!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)