FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Speakerphone (loudness, clarity)

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,601

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Proper etiquette aside (hint: don't use speakerphone while doing your "business" in a public bathroom), rate this thread to express how you think the Samsung Galaxy S8's speakerphone performs. A higher rating indicates that you love it: it's loud and it's clear.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

25th July 2017, 11:09 PM |#2  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Its loud and clear. Great sound. All stock and no root
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiongkia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tiongkia Ad-Free
25th July 2017, 11:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiongkia

Its loud and clear. Great sound. All stock and no root

Same for me... Perfect.
26th July 2017, 07:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
great and loud sound. idk why people complain that there are not front firing speaker. i mean you aint gonna watch movies on a phone...
31st July 2017, 05:16 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrock7

great and loud sound. idk why people complain that there are not front firing speaker. i mean you aint gonna watch movies on a phone...

I watch a ton of movies on my phone ... adult and on kodi and no the speaker is not lour and crisp
31st July 2017, 06:18 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuken69

I watch a ton of movies on my phone ... adult and on kodi and no the speaker is not lour and crisp

Get headphones or a bluetooth speaker for like 100bucks. You got an s8, dont tell me you dont have 100eur more to spend on something
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timrock7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift timrock7 Ad-Free
10th August 2017, 09:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
The quality is good but honestly if it went a pinch louder then it would be perfect
11th August 2017, 05:37 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 360

More
speaker quality is par at best. obviously no improvements in the past 2 or 3 generations.

people have a hard time hearing me on speakerphone. speaker for me is just barely loud enough.

hopefully they will fix in coming updates.
12th August 2017, 02:33 AM |#9  
Flag Marshallton
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Does anyone else get a laser beam sounding tone on high pitched sounds
24th August 2017, 09:34 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
The quality and loudness is not good enough on the speaker phone. Honestly, i have a lenovo vibe s1 costing $135, sounds better and louder. Sorry to say, i had to say this, as i was comparing the loudspeaker clarity with Huawei honor 6+ and lenovo vibe s1, both of these phones performed better than s8
The Following User Says Thank You to Akram. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Akram. Ad-Free
25th August 2017, 06:49 PM |#11  
Flag Martinez, CA
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I like having the front firing speakers since my finger sometimes covers the speaker when I hold the phone in landscape with one hand. With the bottom speaker, I have to kind of "cup" the speaker to "direct" the sound frontwards. The sound isn't bad, but I do prefer the front firing speakers for this reason.

On calls, with Verizon HD calling, it sounds amazing. With regular calls, it sounds pretty good usually, but if I'm outside, I often find myself selecting the "Turn on extra volume" option.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)