FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Speakerphone (loudness, clarity)

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,553

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
25th August 2017, 06:49 PM |#11  
Flag Martinez, CA
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I like having the front firing speakers since my finger sometimes covers the speaker when I hold the phone in landscape with one hand. With the bottom speaker, I have to kind of "cup" the speaker to "direct" the sound frontwards. The sound isn't bad, but I do prefer the front firing speakers for this reason.

On calls, with Verizon HD calling, it sounds amazing. With regular calls, it sounds pretty good usually, but if I'm outside, I often find myself selecting the "Turn on extra volume" option.

25th August 2017, 07:35 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I'd have to say it sound a bit on the quiet side. Since it is very similar to my G4, I've already got use to it.
1st September 2017, 05:51 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I traded my S5 in for an S8 and transferred my ring tones over from the S5 to the S8. Even at full volume on the S8 they are much quieter than the S5.
16th September 2017, 08:35 AM |#14  
Flag St louis
Thanks Meter: 146

More
I love modem strike online and it sucks cause how you hold the phone it covers up the sound. Sucks. You can't 'cup' and play
17th September 2017, 06:47 PM |#15  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 13

More
My S7A is the loudest phone I have heard compared to all my friends and co-workers.
Speaker on the S8A is really that bad?
I got my S7A just befor the S8A became available, I'm considering dumping my S7A and getting the S8A.
Hmmm, maybe a major update might include a fix for the amplifier.
Could also be the location of the speaker on the S7A.......
20th January 2018, 08:37 PM |#16  

More
I actually just had to send mine in due to the loudspeaker being all distorted sounding. Was really disappointed because I love this phone. I sent the phone in for warranty repair. I will reply with how it turned out.
21st January 2018, 07:30 PM |#17  
San Leandro

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyiswhite

Does anyone else get a laser beam sounding tone on high pitched sounds

Coming from a Moto X Pure, which had stereo front facing speakers, This was is the best way to describe it. It totally sounds like laser beam sounding tones and it drives me insane.
21st January 2018, 07:52 PM |#18  
Flag Marshallton
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanYam

Coming from a Moto X Pure, which had stereo front facing speakers, This was is the best way to describe it. It totally sounds like laser beam sounding tones and it drives me insane.

After having the phone for almost a year I've gotten used to it and barley notice it anymore
21st January 2018, 09:00 PM |#19  
San Leandro

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyiswhite

After having the phone for almost a year I've gotten used to it and barley notice it anymore

I hope so. Got the phone off Ebay, and at first, thought it was a defect.
18th February 2018, 01:32 PM |#20  
Flag Yorktown
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanYam

I hope so. Got the phone off Ebay, and at first, thought it was a defect.

Yeah the S8 volume sucks.
8th March 2018, 08:12 AM |#21  
Flag Wroclaw
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Speaker isn't loud enough, need a proper working mod, to increase it a bit. Currently using "dual speaker mod", but it doesn't increase the volume itself. Dolby atmos is crap, and "viper4android" doesn't work at all. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)