FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,553

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S8's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

1st September 2017, 03:07 AM |#2  
Flag Mount Vernon
Thanks Meter: 609

Donate to Me
More
I lose about 3% an hour while I sleep. No other phone I've owned has drained that much.

I'm sure it's an app sucking the juice out of it.... I've restored it back to clean factory setting 3 times, after a few weeks it always goes back to about 3% an hour.

I uses Gsam battery monitor, but it shows nothing out of the ordinary other than: System, Samsux DeX (which I don't use), or the Kernel is usually really high.

I LOVE everything else about this phone, other than this.
1st September 2017, 10:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
did your mobile data is always on while u sleep? bcoz for me it drains only 3 percent after 7 hrs of sleep with mobile data off.
with mobile data 10% battery drain after 7hrs
4th September 2017, 08:06 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have the same problem, with mobile data ON...phone drains 3% overnight (8hours).
My old Samsung S6 drains 0-1% over night with cell radio on.

all draining apps optimized with brevent.
battery draining apps disabled with BK Disabler + some gapps services disabled
volte + wifi calling off.

gsam and better battery stats show no problems.
But Android Battery statistics show high cell standby drain.
I think it is a modem issue.

I have got an G950F with DBT Firmware
The Following User Says Thank You to h4cked For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift h4cked Ad-Free
6th September 2017, 06:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
I lose 0.5% overnight.
Not per hour... but over the whole night.
No AOD.
Disabled bixby and all bixby services.
Disabled anything related to Samsung's voice services.
The Following User Says Thank You to thenessus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thenessus Ad-Free
6th September 2017, 11:10 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
4% in 6 hours (bad lte 1-2, wifi on)
6th September 2017, 05:59 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 522

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tele_jas

I lose about 3% an hour while I sleep. No other phone I've owned has drained that much.

I'm sure it's an app sucking the juice out of it.... I've restored it back to clean factory setting 3 times, after a few weeks it always goes back to about 3% an hour.

I uses Gsam battery monitor, but it shows nothing out of the ordinary other than: System, Samsux DeX (which I don't use), or the Kernel is usually really high.

I LOVE everything else about this phone, other than this.

I lose 3% an hour too. I have an old Galaxy Note 3 on Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 (Android 7.1.2) that lasts 25 days on standby. It's the stupid LagWiz bloated OS!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neo3D For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Neo3D Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 05:15 PM |#8  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I have the same issue.. even in day or night it drains 3-4% per hour with AOD off. on Power saving mode.
Not sure what to do.
9th September 2017, 03:05 PM |#9  
Flag Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 447

Donate to Me
More
I was having massive standby drain, even with Greenify, then I set up the phone with these settings https://www.xda-developers.com/the-g...my-experience/ (see "Linked a screenshot) and uninstalled Greenify (read somewhere that it can get into a loop of auto hibernation which drains battery) and wow! from 4 to 5% an hour to 2% over 7 hours so am very chuffed!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jostian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jostian Ad-Free
11th September 2017, 10:02 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi there,new to the forum and just wanted to share me experience of the standby drain.
I usually put my my phone off when i go to sleep,but afther reading this tread i wanted to test how much my phone drains over night...
AOD off , wifi and mobile data off, lost about 5 % on 10 h,so i asume this is pretty good
12th September 2017, 09:23 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraxke

Hi there,new to the forum and just wanted to share me experience of the standby drain.
I usually put my my phone off when i go to sleep,but afther reading this tread i wanted to test how much my phone drains over night...
AOD off , wifi and mobile data off, lost about 5 % on 10 h,so i asume this is pretty good

Should be find after that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)