FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,552

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
21st July 2018, 04:05 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
https://imgur.com/a/gAvrh5w

Would you mind having a look at my screenshots and see what's going on?

18th November 2018, 09:01 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hi guys

This seems a common problem. We have two s8's mine on 100% full charge would show 14h of potential battery time. My wife - same phone - shows 1 full day so 24 hours approx.... i have some more stuff installed than her but seems quite low numbers to me.

The phone in new and i had like 2/3 full charges only. Not using ultra HD not doing performance mode, just 4g some calls some apps, i would say medium usage.

I installed this app Accubattery and now for example on 39% it says it will do 7h50m on sceeen off. Device maintenance says 5h49m.

Accu stats

Screen on: - 9.4% per hour but more in the day with sunlight
Screen off: - 2.8% per hour

From earlier on with device maintenance:

14h23m at 11.05
9h36m at 14.06 where are 2 hours gone??

Are these number legit or is worth getting another phone? It's not even a week old.

Latest aoftware update - stock.

Thanks
Gabrio
20th November 2018, 12:49 AM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriolinari

Hi guys

This seems a common problem. We have two s8's mine on 100% full charge would show 14h of potential battery time. My wife - same phone - shows 1 full day so 24 hours approx.... i have some more stuff installed than her but seems quite low numbers to me.

The phone in new and i had like 2/3 full charges only. Not using ultra HD not doing performance mode, just 4g some calls some apps, i would say medium usage.

I installed this app Accubattery and now for example on 39% it says it will do 7h50m on sceeen off. Device maintenance says 5h49m.

Accu stats

Screen on: - 9.4% per hour but more in the day with sunlight
Screen off: - 2.8% per hour

From earlier on with device maintenance:

14h23m at 11.05
9h36m at 14.06 where are 2 hours gone??

Are these number legit or is worth getting another phone? It's not even a week old.

Latest aoftware update - stock.

Thanks
Gabrio

Something's not right. I'm seeing 1%, never more than 1.5%/hr battery drain while off. Also stock with latest (T-Mobile) software.
28th November 2018, 04:32 PM |#114  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Do this steps and you'll have a great battery life:

1. Turn-off GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, Location, Wifi + Data (if not using)
2. Turn-off Auto-Brightness. You can adjust it anyways. I always set this below half (usually at 30%)
3. Reduce the resolution. the difference is quite small compare with 1080. If you always play game with our phone, do this adjustment. For streaming, unless you're too picky with the quality, stay at 720p
4. If you're on a place with bad signal reception, turn-on airplane mode before you sleep.
5. remove vibrations and tone when keypress
28th November 2018, 04:46 PM |#115  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoorie016

Do this steps and you'll have a great battery life:

1. Turn-off GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, Location, Wifi + Data (if not using)
2. Turn-off Auto-Brightness. You can adjust it anyways. I always set this below half (usually at 30%)
3. Reduce the resolution. the difference is quite small compare with 1080. If you always play game with our phone, do this adjustment. For streaming, unless you're too picky with the quality, stay at 720p
4. If you're on a place with bad signal reception, turn-on airplane mode before you sleep.
5. remove vibrations and tone when keypress

Basically you are saying to use our s8 as a Nokia 3310
28th November 2018, 05:00 PM |#116  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Exactly XD kidding aside, these are the only things that I do with my phone, and it last a whole day change even with playing games (but not extensively). Im not saying that you should always follow this tips, but rather adjust things that you're not actually using, like GPS and Wifi.
23rd December 2018, 02:01 PM |#117  
Always had big draining with my s8, now that I disabled Bixby and installed naptime it's getting better. It's not a battery phone, but better.

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk
4th May 2019, 08:50 AM |#118  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I had replace the motherboard it was under warranty and boom...
Its a new phone with average 4 hours of Screen on time
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)