FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,557

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
12th September 2017, 09:23 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraxke

Hi there,new to the forum and just wanted to share me experience of the standby drain.
I usually put my my phone off when i go to sleep,but afther reading this tread i wanted to test how much my phone drains over night...
AOD off , wifi and mobile data off, lost about 5 % on 10 h,so i asume this is pretty good

Should be find after that.

13th September 2017, 09:00 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@thenessus how to disable bixby and voice without root?
14th September 2017, 11:22 AM |#13  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA_RealLifeReview

When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S8's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

It is because of the android apps that is running in background. It keeps running if you are connected to the internet. If you checked which cause battery drains you will come to know that majority of apps are consuming too much power. It is better to install those apps which requires less space and don't updates frequently. Gaming Apps, Time management Apps, Fitness Apps, News Apps are updated almost everyday. So it is good to uninstall it if you are not using it.

I have seen many people who install so many apps but never used any which is not only uses the spaces but also consume the battery power.
The Following User Says Thank You to ryanstuart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryanstuart Ad-Free
14th September 2017, 08:36 PM |#14  
Flag Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 447

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracko

@thenessus how to disable bixby and voice without root?

just install a package disabler from playstore and select bixby to be disabled
The Following User Says Thank You to Jostian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jostian Ad-Free
15th September 2017, 04:06 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostian

just install a package disabler from playstore and select bixby to be disabled

I wish i can remap it into sound/vibrate just like an iphone or one plus toggle.
15th September 2017, 04:25 PM |#16  
Flag Pretoria

Donate to Me
More
You can remap it easily, just use bxactions app, works well.
16th September 2017, 05:03 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

You can remap it easily, just use bxactions app, works well.

after i disabled all the bixby services, using bxactions doesn't do anything. And i cannot use control mode on bxactions too because i don't have windows machine unfortunately.
16th September 2017, 05:30 PM |#18  
Flag Pretoria

Donate to Me
More
You need bixby home and voice to be active to remap the button with bx actions
17th September 2017, 03:11 AM |#19  

More
Quote:

You need bixby home and voice to be active to remap the button with bx actions

i just tried, it's kinda hit and miss action. Perhaps i need to use control mode to get it fully working.
26th September 2017, 09:28 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
same issue. i got both the s8 and s8+, both lost 15% after 7-8 hours sleep...
after some normal usage the battery dies arround 5pm everyday... this is really annoying.
the battery is the biggest but the only disappointment on my s8 and s8+, hopefully this can be fixedby system patch on some day.
The Following User Says Thank You to dearnemo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dearnemo Ad-Free
26th September 2017, 11:24 PM |#21  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,833

More
My battery life is fine too with Bixby and other Samsung bloat disabled with package disabler
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)